May the flickering of the candles
Represent the laughter in your heart;
The brightness of the flame represent
The the love of a child and the eight
Nights of Wonderment represent the
Miracle of long long ago.
Shalom !
May you all be safe and have the BEST holiday
that you've had in a very very long time !
I'd like to point out that for the 1st time in 61
years {long time:) } the two holy days fall
on the same day, December 25th.
Here's hoping that you all get what you want!
SANDY

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Yes, Merry CHRISTmas all :D! All this "political correctness" is driving me nuts! Someone wished me Happy Holidays at Sears this afternoon, and I had the courage to say Merry Christmas (now when do you here of someone working up courage to say Merry CHRISTmas?).

89% of this nation is Christian, I say MAJORITY RULES! God Bless Bill O' Reilly!

·
Registered
2000 Black DeVille & 1994 Concours
963 Posts
Merry Christmas; and, kind thanks
to Sandy for his words of wisdom.
Shalom Sandy! Have an exceptional
Christmas holiday season; and, my
best wishes for health and happiness
to all in the New Year! :cheers:

TomDeville:xsmile:
:cool2:

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
SpeedyArizona said:
Yes, Merry CHRISTmas all :D! All this "political correctness" is driving me nuts! Someone wished me Happy Holidays at Sears this afternoon, and I had the courage to say Merry Christmas (now when do you here of someone working up courage to say Merry CHRISTmas?).
89% of this nation is Christian, I say MAJORITY RULES! God Bless Bill O' Reilly!
Well I wouldn't go that far, but yeah. I'm not Christian but I celebrate Christmas because I like free stuff. Haha. Everyone should have a good one.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
yeah everyone have a merry christmas/ happy chanukah/ happy kwanza!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
A gentleman originally from India wished me "Happy Holidays" yesterday. I thought that was nice. I don't know what he celebrates, if anything at this time of the year, but I returned the good wishes.

I don't care who wishes what, as long as they quit trying to start a war over "Merry Christmas," "Happy Holidays," and "Season's Greetings." Let's all just get along and have fun for the next twelve days.

A good wish is a good wish. Getting pissy over which two words you choose is stupid.

Merry Christmas everyone.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ben, I could not find the correct spelling of Kwanzaa (sp)? so, to not look stupid, I left it out.

Elvis, when a person does not know what religion another person follows, it's nicer to wish them "Happy Holidays" ~ as that covers all 3. Saying Merry Christmas to a Jewish person would sometimes leave them feeling much the same way you'd react if you went into (we'll say a candy store) and the man behind the counter rang up your newspaper & lottery ticket & wished you a Happy Chanukah ! However, if you know someone is Christian then of course you'd wish them a Merry Christmas, and if you know that they are Jewish (as I am) then you'd say Happy Chanukah. I think it comes down to just common courtesy.

(Wait!! New Years is coming! What do we do then ? Jan. 1 is one New Year and the Chinese have a different New Year, so......do you wish your co-worker who happens to be Asian a happy new year on January 1st or wish them a "Happy Day" and reserve Happy New Year for the correct date later in January ? ?
Regardless....
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa and a Joyous New Year!

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Thanks for your wise words, Sandy. A blessed Hanukkah to you.

Merry Christmas / Season's Greetings / Happy Holidays

Bah, Humbug (for all the Grinches)

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
I, also, would like to wish everyone everyone a Happy Holidays as well. May all of you enjoy the time away from work,wonderful time with family and friends and make sure to stay well rested so that your waking moments are more refreshed and energetic. Eat some good food, watch some football, and play outdoors with the family. May peace, good health, and safe travels be with each of you and your families.

Addison_II :D

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Jingle Bells Kids! :wave::banana::dance:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Seasons greetings to you all, Happy Hannukah Sandy and any other of our Jewish members, Merry Christmas to all of our Christians and Happy Winter Solstice to the Pagans, and whatever you celebrate to the rest!

Happy New Year too! Its going to be a mighty good pissup this year :alchi:

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Yes, I'm stocking the alcohol as we speak.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You all might find this funny. When ya get up into your mid-to fifties, you start to think about "the other side" {'ya do KNOW what i mean......} ~
So, that said, My folks are on the "other side" as are all the other members of my family, likewise my wife's kinfolk. So, Sandy starts thinking - oh around thanksgiving - 'ya know, before the ballgame's over, I'd like, one year to have a Christmas Tree. For the fun of it. So I run this by my wife and she's more than okay with. So, we go out to get a tree. WHOA ! :eek: ~ We need a STAND, we need a LIVE TREE, we need BALLS :thehand: {don't go there}, we need Ornaments and a Star for the top and, of course.....LIGHTS, and then that stuff (sorry, don't know the name) that ya put around the bottom to hide the stand ya bought (I guess they are considered UNsightly??) and then tinsel (yes ?) and and and and how the heck am I gonna sneak it into the house ? Riding home in our Son's Cherokee, with a X-mas tree on the roof !!! :shocked2: The neighbors will surely be looking out the window :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and then comes like 1,001 questions and :fan: and I get lectured:rant2: My wife suggested we buy it at night and bring it home then, but they'd still see me untying it from the roof rack and hauling inside, so..... sadly, No Christmas Tree. (and) then ...how would we ever get rid of it in January ? Can't put it out at the curb.....neighbors.....sadly, the idea died. But, it was up to like $600.00 at least, and then....you're supposed to put presents under it, right ? I mean without presents under it ~ it looks kinda nasty, Yes?!! Well, we buy each other 1 Chanukah gift. So, that's 2 gifts. How is 2 gifts gonna look under a nice big tree ? Not too good, I guess. Since they both are coming from a jewler the boxes are gonna be vey little. You would not even see them !!:bling: :bling: So...what to do. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I was just amazed how expensive it is for ALL of the necessary equipment one needs to erect a nice proper Christmas Tree.

(I get off cheap) We bought a Pewter chanukah menorah 22 years ago for $175.00 and it lasts a lifetime + and the annual "proper" candles are $3.75 a box and the matches are freebees.

Sure woulda liked having a tree, just once before I check out. Oh Well....

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
LOL

Funny story Sandy!

It isnt that much every year, once you buy all you have to do is buy the tree each eyar, we have one real one, and a few other fake ones.

As for the presents?

We still put ours out for the kids after they go to bed. We just put them on the sofas in the family room. The presents under the tree are the ones for visiting family members and the like.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Okay, we checked out the fake trees, but they have no scent, no nice woodsy smell, so like :wtf: is with that!!

It was funny 'cause the guy was pushing the fact thatyou can use it over & over again in the coming years. (How could I tell him that this was the ONLY year I was ever gonna do it) He'd be looking :confused: !!

Bad enough was my wife actually ASKING the man IF we really needed the stand!!:thepan: He said, "Not if you allready have one" !

We have ZERO living family members! It's just the 3 of us, so......does THAT get us off the hook for presents under the tree ? I think now....thinking about it more in detail, I'd get some empty boxes and wrap 'em up real purty & all (like we used to do at the dealership, put a convertible on the floor, top down & fill with brightly colored boxes with big bows.) could do that .....

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Sandy said:
Okay, we checked out the fake trees, but they have no scent, no nice woodsy smell, so like :wtf: is with that!!
It was funny 'cause the guy was pushing the fact thatyou can use it over & over again in the coming years. (How could I tell him that this was the ONLY year I was ever gonna do it) He'd be looking :confused: !!
Bad enough was my wife actually ASKING the man IF we really needed the stand!!:thepan: He said, "Not if you allready have one" !
We have ZERO living family members! It's just the 3 of us, so......does THAT get us off the hook for presents under the tree ? I think now....thinking about it more in detail, I'd get some empty boxes and wrap 'em up real purty & all (like we used to do at the dealership, put a convertible on the floor, top down & fill with brightly colored boxes with big bows. (I could do that) .....
LOL I'd love to have seen that store conversation!

It has been known for us to wrap empty boxes for show, when we lived in another hosue the entire street had been getting presents stolen from under the tree the week before Christmas, thieves broke in. We wrapped empty boxes and put the presents in the garage attic :D

Note: The thief was caught.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts