Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading in my '08 ESV on a '14 Grand Cherokee SRT. I'll be cleaning my garage out soon and see if anyone here wants the stuff first before going on ebay. Not sure of everything I have but I do know I have a pretty much brand new 22" standard style wheel, several centercaps that were extras from usarim and the rear center badge that fades so often. I'm sure there are some other things that might be worth something to someone out there. I'll be back when I have a free weekend and post in the appropriate thread.

·
Registered
2010 ESV Platinum WDT
189 Posts
Awesome rides you won't be disappointed with that purchase. They offer up a nice grin on every commute.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
My wife had a 13' and now has a 14' srt grand Cherokee, with a little work they are VERY fast, hers is VERY fast, and fun to drive, they are not very good in the snow, low ground clearance and highway tires, but from red light to red light they are FUN. Best of luck 48 :)

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
f6e525ad9b677e32f298d0de4940e357x.jpg

Brought it home yesterday. It has everything I wanted besides a sunroof. Never really use a sunroof but liked the light sometimes.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't imagine (right now) needing more speed out of this thing! It's just a ridiculous vehicle. No need to ever have this much horsepower in a SUV and I freaking love it!

·
Registered
993 Posts
I can't imagine (right now) needing more speed out of this thing! It's just a ridiculous vehicle. No need to ever have this much horsepower in a SUV and I freaking love it!
Congrats. We grabbed ours yesterday in white. It has the orange interior with the panoramic sunroof. Gorgeous vehicle. I can't see why anyone would spend an extra $40,000 or so for a comparable truck (Cayenne GTS, X5 M, etc.) when the Jeep excels in just about every category.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just purchased an 08 Escalade last week and already lost a center cap. I'm certainly interested in 1 or 2 if still available.
I have all four original silver centercaps as well as well as I think I have some more of the usarim centercaps with the color inserts.

So is the rear badge faded or no? Can you send me a PM with price?
The rear badge I have is brand new. I bought the rear chrome piece as well as the badge thinking I needed both. The chrome piece already had an emblem installed so I have the extra.

I had just ordered a black driver door chrome handle to replace mine but traded in before it arrived so have that as well. I really need to see what all I have. I think that's about it. I'll get specifics when it warms up some this weekend and I can stand to hang out in the garage for a while.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Wouldn't it have been more cost effective to buy a supercharger for the Escalade?

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
Still wouldn't be as fast, im 3 months in & i can honestly say the ride sux on the Escalade.
I'm going to have to disagree there. Go take a ride in a CTS-V and tell me it's not as fast. Same basic drivetrain. Granted the Esky will be a little slower than the V due to the size and weight, but the feeling will still be the same.

I considered an SRT when I was SUV shopping. My biggest turn off was the lack of towing ability. IIRC the exhaust came out center bumper making it hard if not impossible to add a hitch. Have they changed this yet? I mean an SUV of any caliber should at least be able to tow a jetski.

·
Registered
'08 Escalade ESV
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ride didn't suck on my escalade. I replaced all the shocks during the time I had it. Even with bad shocks the ride wasn't bad, just noisy. Now it wasn't nearly as nice as the newer models with the mag shocks but it was ok.

Everything is still available. If you see anything in what I've listed so far, just pm me and I'll give the first person dibs. Just realized another thing I bought but ended up not needing. Thought the sunroof was leaking for the longest time. Ended up ordering the gasket and figured out it was actually the xm antenna that was leaking. So I have the sunroof gasket still in a sealed up box. It's supposed to get up close to 70 tomorrow, in the 20s now. So, I'll pull stuff together then.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts