Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving west on the shoulder lane and there was a big tow truck driving on my left side as i was crossing the intersection this shitty old Honda car heading north runs a red light and hits my car. The only reason I didnt see it was becuase of the tow truck and when i was able to see it, it was way too late.. the worst part is that the guy that hit me had no license and no insruance.I was pissed. I didnt call the cops cause i really didnt think they would be any help in getting any money. and if they arrested him he still wouldn't pay.the guys swears he is going to pay me... i got all his info..will see. Any body know how much the repairs will cost?..check out the pics..

Attachments

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Uhhh I would definately have called the cops. Now he can deny this ever happened.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
sorry man :(
thats at least 3 grand
1 for the headlight
1 for the bumper/painting
240 for the fog
500 for fender work
plus the wheel well liner

did the hood get bent? add another K

be patient, it will take time to fix, and dont accept shoddy workmanship, but she'll be fine again :)
Edge of hood is bent.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
That was an idiot move not to call the cops. Good luck gettng your money now. A police report would have been proof that the incident even happened as well as teaching that guy a lesson.

Remeber: If it's not on paper, then it didn't happen.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
goodluck
you prob wont see a cent as he has no real reason to pony up
should of called the cops

·
Registered
Cadillac
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i know where he lives and where he works so unless he takes off if he doesnt pay, beleive me he will get whats coming to him...I just left the body shop and the quoted me with $2225.00 with original parts..They even told me that they were going to be putting on a CTS-V bumper..I should have it back by next weekend if the body shop receives that parts by tuesday...i was reccomended to this body shop so i beleive that they will be doing a good job...ill put up some pics when i get it back....

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
If you have, and file under, uninsured motorist insurance coverage your insurance company will hound him forever and you go about your business.

X

·
0 Posts
I made the same mistake not calling the cops once upon a time...I went to renew my license 2 years later and they told me I was at fault in an accident and no new license for me. I made a police report the next day after the accident. He did the same. The cops believed his story and they stuck me with it. I never knew it. Thank God in heaven that 2 people pulled over and gave me thier info. 2 years later I try to contact them. They both were no longer where they once worked.(they both gave me work numbers) I was ****ed. Then finally I got a hold of a HP lady who took my info and the discription of thier cars as I remembered them. Low a behold she found both of them. They both remembered it and she later told me that both of thier stories matched exactly my original police report. She was some kind of accident investigator. She contacted me later and told me he had been arrested for filing a false report and giving me false info at the scene. He got truly [email protected] as I recall but I was incredibly lucky.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
ooooh, that totally sucks. I guess you are a good fella who trusts about anybody.
With such things I would even call the cops on an old lady who would hit my car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
well i know where he lives and where he works so unless he takes off if he doesnt pay, beleive me he will get whats coming to him...I just left the body shop and the quoted me with $2225.00 with original parts..They even told me that they were going to be putting on a CTS-V bumper..I should have it back by next weekend if the body shop receives that parts by tuesday...i was reccomended to this body shop so i beleive that they will be doing a good job...ill put up some pics when i get it back....
Good deal! Post the pics :)

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
there must be another reason why u didnt call the cops, as for getting your money back best of luck!!!1
thats all I keep thinking too...

Best of luck to you man. i hope it works out. In the future tho, unless he had 3k cash and gave it to u on the spot, call the police, IMO.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
The guy who hit you more than likely won't be paying. You need to watch more court TV or even Judge Judy. You should have called the cops. If it's a toss up between the guy NOT paying you or the guy NOT paying AND going to JAIL. I love to see him get locked up and maybe even cry while being stuffed in the backseat of the police car.:thumbsup:

And did you say you were driving on the shoulder of the road?
In New York, That's illegal and probably in your state as well. Why were you on the shoulder? Trying to beat traffic? I enjoy people like that. Those instances usually result in a nice show for the people waiting in traffic further up the road. If that was the case here, then thanks again I get to enjoy it over the internet as well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
bustemdown, all though its not the smartest financial decision, i would have done the same.

I'd rather work for a few months & pay that money myself than sending someone who may have a family to support in prison...
financially its dumb
but w/e god doesnt judge you based on how much money you.

good luck to you and i truley hope everything works out for you as well as the other person involved.

-mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts