Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember who wrote this, that they do this normally. MAybe Akasas?, I didn't notice just then, glancing through the thread about the S button. Anyhow, someone mentioned that, in traffic, they start out in winter mode for higher mpg. It makes sense, you start in 3rd gear. But you also bog down.
I tried this out over 2 days, and found on average, about 2 mpg better in the city. It was a very rudimentary test tho.

I think this is worth checking out, as better mpg is more money in our pockets, or more races without fear of no money in our pockets.

Anybody wanna try this out with me?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna try it out again, I've got my sisters car for another couple days, it looks like. Hopefully.
If theres no adverse affects, this coud help anyone out loking for the extra mpg. I've got a stick, personnally, and even if i didn't, I don't think I could handle the lack of torque. I've owned civics, a bunch of japanese i4's, and thats why I drive American now. Gotta have the low torque!

But yeah, anyone reading this, and loking for better mileage, this is worth checking out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.