Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe
2,005 Posts
KDOG......welcome to the forum!!!! You may want to familiarize yourself with the Google Site Search function on the upper right side of this page. If you get your search words correct, you will find just about every answer to every question you may have about your SRX. :)

What year is your SRX?

AWD or RWD: The 2007 and later models have an "SRX4" emblem on the right side of the rear hatch to designate AWD. I am not sure what years prior to 2007 (2004-2006) had that designation on the hatch......but I don't think they did. Others here will chime in and help you with the emblem. Short of the emblem or an available build code, do you want to crawl around underneath the SRX? I didn't think so. Read this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-first-generation-forum-2004/144564-my-srx-awd-rwd.html

Options and Your Entire Vehicle Build: The entire listing of the build codes including option codes for your specific SRX may be listed on the inside of the door lid of the jack compartment, located on the floor at the rear of the cargo area. Also, if you supply your VIN number to the Cadillac Customer Service Representative here on the forum, she/he will provide you with your complete build sheet for your specific SRX which translates the build codes into plain English. This will be sent to you via a private message (PM) or an email......but I think you have to have at least 5 forum posts under your belt before the PM will work for you.

PJ

12,778 Posts
...... Also, if you supply your VIN number to the Cadillac Customer Service Representative here on the forum, she/he will provide you with your complete build sheet for your specific SRX which translates the build codes into plain English. This will be sent to you via a private message (PM) or an email......but I think you have to have at least 5 forum posts under your belt before the PM will work for you...PJ

Thanks, PJ!

Kdog, I would indeed be happy to provide you with your option codes that PJ mentioned. And if you do not have access yet to private messaging on the forum, then please feel free to email me the last eight of your VIN anytime at [email protected]. I'm always happy to research on your behalf!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
336 Posts
Yep, pretty easy to tell. IDK how you couldn't know if your car was AWD or not.......
Yep, I have a 2004 AWD and there's a yellow sticker that's pretty innocent looking until you read it, it's a warning for the techs that the vehicle is AWD..otherwise just looking at the vehicle from the outside you don't know.

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
The point is you should know before driving it, how are you supposed to know how to react if the car gets out of shape if you don't know what your drive wheels are.

Most people don't know and don't care because most just like to step on the brakes and hit things instead of learning how to control a car, not directed at the OP or anyone else just an observation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts