Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 seville SLS, and it is a beautiful car, except it has rust in the front of the hood. It is bubbling, and has very little pin holes. I goes a good way across the hood. I was wondering what you guys do to fix your rusting hood problems (I must not be the only one). Did you take it to a bady shop, how much did it cost. Please help me!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Cyberdan3 said:
I have a 94 seville SLS, and it is a beautiful car, except it has rust in the front of the hood. It is bubbling, and has very little pin holes. I goes a good way across the hood. I was wondering what you guys do to fix your rusting hood problems (I must not be the only one). Did you take it to a bady shop, how much did it cost. Please help me!
So it has rusted through? I think GM has a really long warranty for that. I know of one guy who can probably give you more help here, no rust on his hood, but his doors. All 4 of them. What happened to GM?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
The rust warranty isnt 10 years..... 6 years unlimited mileage if memory serves......

Take it to a body shop ASAP before it gets worse! If its gonna be pricey, it may be cheaper to get a hood off a wrecked car and have it painted..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Find a junkyard and get a used hood. Rust is like cancer for cars. The only way to make it go away so it won't come back is to cut it out and weld a new piece of steel in it's place, or replace the panel. Save yourself some headache, and replace the part.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I agree....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
elwesso