Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed there are some rust spots coming through on my 2011 Escalade. Mainly on the roof above the windshield and on the front doors next to the A-Pillars. Has anyone had a similar issue? And if so, were there any issues with having it fixed or dealing with the dealership? Vehicle was in-service April 2012, so it is still under original warranty. I believe there is an additional warranty for rust but not sure at the moment. I also have extended warranty to 2019.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Owned since new? If not check for any repairs done or carfax. That's unusual unless it was damaged then repaired or used as livery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nd owner. Purchased in May 2014. No repairs from my knowledge and nothing shows on CarFax. It does not look like it has been painted, and I have a pretty good eye for that.

I should mention that the rust is not really 'breaking through,' but I can see some discolouration starting to form, which is why I want to address it now.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Lamboblue said:
2nd owner. Purchased in May 2014. No repairs from my knowledge and nothing shows on CarFax. It does not look like it has been painted, and I have a pretty good eye for that. I should mention that the rust is not really 'breaking through,' but I can see some discolouration starting to form, which is why I want to address it now.
I think the rust thru is unlimited mileage/10 years. Bring it to dealer so they can make a record.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Is it starting to raise and bubble or an area with white around the edge that fades out? It could simply be a clearcoat issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is little bit of bubble in a couple places. Other places are discolouring to a blue shade (it has Black Paint). Vehicle is going in Wednesday, I will update post then. I am pretty certain it is rust and not a clear coat issue.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have seen this on a few gm pickups, the few that I have seen almost looks like rock chips started the rust issue, but I could see this being a factory issue, gm had this on many of their pickup trucks in the late 80's and early 90's. You standard warranty should cover this, although I have heard some second owners having issues where gm does not want to pay, if not get a lemon lawyer. :)

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
If the truck sat in extensive high temp heat for 5 years with not enough wax then that could be your culprit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, got it back from the dealer and of course they say its rock chips and they wont do anything. While I agree there a couple spots that are indeed rock chips, there are others that clearly have no rock chips where it is rusting. Not sure how Im going to approach this yet. I will upload a few pics in the next day or so and hopefully some of you can give me some input.

Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts