Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Cadillac Eldorado
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How easy is it to remove and replace the rear window molding on a 2001 Eldorado ESC? Got some rust forming where the molding meets the paint on the passenger side. Otherwise car is flawless. Should I let the pros do it or is it an easy fix. I'm pretty good with lacquer touch up work. Thanks

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
How easy is it to remove and replace the rear window molding on a 2001 Eldorado ESC? Got some rust forming where the molding meets the paint on the passenger side. Otherwise car is flawless. Should I let the pros do it or is it an easy fix. I'm pretty good with lacquer touch up work. Thanks
Let me guess: is in the lower corner of the molding!
I had that on my car (but on the driver's side). This is the reason why I painted the entire car last year. The part you see is the tip of the iceberg. The paint shop removed the glass, mirror cleaned the metal area under the molding and the glass (where the glue holding the glass is) and I paid them to install a new molding so the water does not goes in. That little spot of rust set me back few thousand dollars.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,044 Posts
..............just like the rear window area of every 64,5,6,7 Chevelle/Camaro,GTO/Cutlass, whatever. GM has never figured out how to properly drain a rear window channel area. Witness the chronic Seville trunk leaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts