Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone , i decided to do the plugs and wires on my 92 seville sts today...i don;t know what i was thinking , i just should of had someone do it ..there is no room to get the rear plugs and not being a small guy it was even harder. the car was running perfect when i bought it which is about a month ago. but not knowing when the plugs and wires were changed last i figured i should change them , this way i know when they need to be done next. after doing the plug and wires and put everything back in its place i started it up just to feel a rough idle. i took it for a spin and felt like it was being held back and puttering . i have changed plugs before i know i didn;t do anything wrong .. what could it be??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
codes???

i ran the codes and r021 history came up and r026 current came up what do they mean?

·
Registered
520 Posts
GABDAM said:
hi everyone , i decided to do the plugs and wires on my 92 seville sts today...i don;t know what i was thinking , i just should of had someone do it ..there is no room to get the rear plugs and not being a small guy it was even harder. the car was running perfect when i bought it which is about a month ago. but not knowing when the plugs and wires were changed last i figured i should change them , this way i know when they need to be done next. after doing the plug and wires and put everything back in its place i started it up just to feel a rough idle. i took it for a spin and felt like it was being held back and puttering . i have changed plugs before i know i didn;t do anything wrong .. what could it be??
Just sticking with a plug and wire change, there are a couple possibilities. And thet're easy to have happen even if you've done lots of plugs and wires. First, make sure all the wires are on the right plug. It happens.
Next, make sure all the wires are seated on the plugs right. The harder it is to get an individual plug in, the more likely it is that the boot isn't seated right.
And also possible but not as likely, you may have leaned on something and pulled a vacuum line, or electrical connection loose. Look around the firewall for anything loose. Also around the rear ( steering wheel ) end of the engine. I remember those places being where most of the wiring and vacuum is.
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts