Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 cadillac escalade esv premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals. I have found a great way to protect the cheap plastic running boards from scratches, from rocks stuck on the bottom of our shoes. And it also provides grip, as the oem running boards can get slippery, or when u have slick shoes.

I found a non skid tape on amazon.

Valterra A10-2260 Black 2" x 60' Bulk Non-Skid Tape

$28 plus shipping.

You will only need 1 rolls which is more than enough. There will be 3 rows of tape to each running board, running parallel. The good thing, is that if you take your time, you can make it almost perfect. And its almost unoticeable. Not only that, but its for safety also. I will attach a picture with this. You can see a small gap but it looks good, and better than having a scratched up running board that will getbworse over time.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Is this for a fix or retractable running boards? In my 6 years of ownership of my escalade hybrid with the fixed running boards, it didn't look cheap at all.

·
Registered
2015 cadillac escalade esv premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it's
Not a fix sir. It's just to protect the running board toos
From scratches and to provide grip. My running boards were starting to get scratches in 4 spots. The area right under the opening of the door is where everyone uses to get in. So it leaves a pattern on both sides which looks noticeable. With this you eliminate getting more scratches.

----------

Ok sorry i misunderstood ur question. I did it on my retractables. But maybe it can be done on the fixed ones. I just havent seen them upclose to be able to tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts