Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from the girlfriend's house the other night, as I always am when I race, and I saw a silver WRX pull around a corner really fast, and floor it out of the turn. I followed, and figured I would probably get a run out of him.

I caught up to him easily, and followed him at about 15 over the speed limit, then decided to get a run. I floored it, got in the other lane. He hit it as well, turbo spooling :), loud exhaust. I slowly gained inches, and then feet on him. I started about 2 carlengths behind him, and ended up about 1 car length ahead by 75. (in a 40 zone of course...with no traffic).

I gave a thumbs up as he turned off the road, and didn't see what I got back, because he had really dark tint.

I was VERY surprised with the result, I had always thought the turbo boxer engine in that smaller car would destroy my caddy. Guess I owe my ol' boat an apology :)

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
Blackout said:
Unless your Caddy has a V at the end of the model name then you beat the driver not the car
No, it said HT4100 :histeric: :alchi:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blackout said:
Unless your Caddy has a V at the end of the model name then you beat the driver not the car
I wouldn't say "win" in this case, but winning is winning, who cares whether it was the car or the driver.

It's got a 4.9...not 4100

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blackout said:
Oh, and do you stalk this forum just to shit on everyone here?

·
Registered
'91 Sedan DeVille Silhouette Special
439 Posts
Blackout, WRX's aren't that fast. Most any Northstar vehicle could run with one. A V would absolutely destroy it. STi's, on the other hand...But not a WRX. I've played with a few of them. Good hole traction, but not brutally fast by any means, about 6.5 to 60.

However, I do agree that in a stock 4.9 car, you beat the driver and not the car. A properly driven WRX should've edged you out fairly well at any speed.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Mahalaleel said:
Oh, and do you stalk this forum just to shit on everyone here?
No I'm just realistic here. So you have a 4.9 whatever Caddy and you think you beat a WRX? There have been a few cars that I have beaten over the years that on paper I shouldn't have beaten. Hell I took my parents Lincoln Aviator to Atco one time and I beat a 2003 Mustang Cobra. Does that mean the Aviator is so much better? Hell no. The Cobra blew its tranny BTW

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Ghost C said:
Blackout, WRX's aren't that fast. Most any Northstar vehicle could run with one. A V would absolutely destroy it. STi's, on the other hand...But not a WRX. I've played with a few of them. Good hole traction, but not brutally fast by any means, about 6.5 to 60.
WRX's aren't that fast? What planet are you on? Some guys have ran 13's in stock WRX's. And if a WRX driver is running 6.5 0-60's he deserves to be taken behind the woodshed. Hell Motortrend got a 2002 WRX to run a 5.7 0-60 and a 14.4 1/4. The new WRX's that just came out are even faster and have next to no turbo lag at all with the addition of its new vacuum system.

However, I do agree that in a stock 4.9 car, you beat the driver and not the car. A properly driven WRX should've edged you out fairly well at any speed.
Which was my point.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just saying what happened. I know it should have beat me handily, but I'm saying I kept with it, slowly gaining. I did by NO means "beat" it.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
After re-reading your post it makes even less sense. You caught up to the guy at 15 mph over the speed limit and you started out about 2 car lengths behind him and you both hit it and by 75 you made up those 2 car lengths and had a car length on him?:helpless: I think a CTS-V would have a hard time doing that. Like I said you beat the driver not the car. And a very crappy driver it must have been

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I was a car BEHIND him at 75. That was a typo, ;) now I understand the skepticism.

..Still, if you don't have anything nice to say, go on a ricer forum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you are so wrong the WRX has 220 hp and it is fast at the beginning but does not have as much top end as it should. on the other end the WRX STi has a 6 speed and 300hp this will rip the paint off a 4.9. the regular WRX and a 4.9 would be a good race. but a northstar would have no problem stopping the stock WRX i know i had one and almost bought and STi

·
Registered
97 deville
562 Posts
*DELETED*

ok i pretty much posted a big NO THIS NEVER HAPPENED, but in nicer terms...until i realized you never fixed your original post and you only gained a single car length on him from 55-75. im assuming that if you had continued to try to pass after 75mph, you would have just been severely let down.

but this is somewhat believable. although i still think its very likely that mr subaru driver guy didnt know how to shift.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Plausible.

Blackout said:
Cruz beat a WRX at the strip, on video, I've been dead even with the couple stock ones I've raced. The only WRX that a n/a N* can't hang with is an STI.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
ELDORACER said:
the regular WRX and a 4.9 would be a good race.
What are you smoking because I want some because that is seriously messing you up. You honestly think a 4.9 Caddy will have any chance at all against a WRX? :histeric: My 1995 Ford Taurus GL can hang with a SRT-4

1994 Cadillac Deville Concours (This is with the Northstar not the 4.9)
0-60 mph: 7.8 sec
1/4: 15.8

2002 WRX (The slowest year for the WRX)
0-60 mph: 5.7 sec
1/4: 14.4

Yep......that Caddy is right there with that WRX! Guys I know this is a Caddy site but come on! Be realistic here!

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
I think Blackout cant handel some caddy power now if we said a ford or a lincoln town car beat a WRX he would of simply said nice kill. Caddys will always have dominace over ford man face it. Throughtout history only one year did lincoln sales pass caddy sales

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
CadillacETC1997 said:
I think Blackout cant handel some caddy power now if we said a ford or a lincoln town car beat a WRX he would of simply said nice kill. Caddys will always have dominace over ford man face it. Throughtout history only one year did lincoln sales pass caddy sales
I could careless about sales *what does that have to do with the topic at hand again?* and if someone with a Lincoln TC said that I'd tell them the samething. There's a difference between what people think and reality. And knowing about both cars I know what each is capable of. And what Cadillac power do you speak of? Northstar is powerful and all but its wrong wheel drive, and Cruz has the factory freak here and thats only running 14.5's I think. No offense but 14.5's in todays market is slow

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,723 Posts
I agree with Blackout, there's no way a stock 4.9 will hang with one of those cars, unless you stick it in a Fiero or other light car.
I'd be fun to try and keep up with my 2000 STS, but I know my '94 Deville 4.9 won't stand a chance!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts