Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 XTS V Sport. How do I run the vent without the AC? When I click 'AC Off' on the CUE, it also turns off the Fan. Please help!

·
Registered
2014 XTS luxury
53 Posts
I would also love to know the answer to this. Read the book over and over and still can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 84 Buick Electra Estate Wagon **** Gone - 06 SRX, 08 DTS, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
509 Posts
I have a 2018, so it may be different from your 2014 ... but my owner's manual states (in the "Manual Operation" of the HVAC system) there's a "button" within the HVAC screen that says "A/C Mode".

"Touch A/C Mode on the display to turn the automatic air conditioning on or off. If the fan is turned off or the outside temperature falls below freezing, the air conditioner will not run. Press AUTO to return to automatic operation and the air conditioner runs as needed".

The manual also states that fan speed, air delivery mode (floor, defrost vents, dash, etc.), A/C mode (A/C On or Off) ... are all individually adjustable and by pressing any of the adjustments takes the system out of AUTO and puts it in manual mode.

I'm guessing that you've already attempted to adjust fan speed and delivery mode after turning OFF the A/C mode.

I don't exactly know how manual operation works in the XTS, as I never take my HVAC system off of AUTO for any reason, other than to defrost the windshield. I can only go off of what my owner's manual says.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,132 Posts
There is not a "hard" button on the panel that turns the compressor off. In order to do that, you have to go to the front climate control screen on the CUE & look for the "A/C Mode" button. That will disengage the compressor for "VENT" operation.

Max

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 84 Buick Electra Estate Wagon **** Gone - 06 SRX, 08 DTS, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
509 Posts
There is not a "hard" button on the panel that turns the compressor off. In order to do that, you have to go to the front climate control screen on the CUE & look for the "A/C Mode" button. That will disengage the compressor for "VENT" operation.

Max
Oops. My bad. I realize in reading over my post that one might think that I meant there was a hard button on the center stack. I actually meant (as you said) that it was in the CUE screen. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
2014 XTS luxury
53 Posts
Sould be a hard button. That's why I think it is so confusing to owners as the first thing you look for is to press a button to go to vent only. Counter intuitive

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,132 Posts
Sould be a hard button. That's why I think it is so confusing to owners as the first thing you look for is to press a button to go to vent only. Counter intuitive
i'm mad that there are not temperature settings on the control panel so I can see what temperature the driver & passenger are set to without having to go to the CUE screen to check!

Max

·
Registered
509 Posts
i'm mad that there are not temperature settings on the control panel so I can see what temperature the driver & passenger are set to without having to go to the CUE screen to check!

Max
The XT5 that they loaned me had that, IIRC.

I don't know if the 2016 CUE screen is different than the 2018 ... but on my screen, it shows the temp settings on the "home" screen. I don't know if that would help you ... if that screen is the same in yours...

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
649 Posts

Max

It took me a while to figure that out, but then it made sense. Just not too intuitive to me.

·
Registered
649 Posts

Max
If you put your hand near the controls, don't the settings pop up on the screen? I'll have to refresh my memory on that.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I used to use vent on my older cars occasionally, back when one could put the windows down and not have all the buffeting going on inside. Tried it on the XTS and went right back to the "auto" setting. It works flawlessly on this car.

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,132 Posts
The temperature setting are definitely displayed on the CUE screen but what I'm talking about is having the temperature settings always on display on the A/C panel itself without having to go to the CUE screen. Every Cadillac I have ever had starting with my 75 has done this & I am just in the habit of glancing at the climate control panel to tell me what the temperature is set to without having to go the CUE screen to display it.

Max

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, after reading the Owners Manual finding the AC Off did put it into 'vent' mode, although I don't know if it will do the same in winter months when the ambient temp is lower than 60 (read: Does it mandatory heat to get to the lowest temp setting?), but in pleasant weather, you must go to the Climate screen on CUE and touch the AC On/Off screen button. It was confusing because the 'hard' button for 'fan off' seemed like it should be for AC off. It all presented very similarly. I also wish it was easier to set to 'Full Hot' or 'Full Cold' without having to set the temp all the way up or down.

Anyways, good convo everyone. And now I know how to turn off the AC so I can get every last ounce of oomph from my V. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts