Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had the first mishap with my new XLR. Somehow got a nail into the sidewall of the Michelin's run flat ZP tires (not repairable). The built in tire pressure sensors notified me of the problem, so that was a good thing.
From there on it got ugly.
Obviously, nobody had the tire ($365 FYI). Best anyone could do would be the next day. So I called my dealer, by the way was 50 miles away at the time, so the run flats work as advertised.
I informed him that the ZP tires have an unconditional warranty and they said they would also be able to get one the next day.
Get to the dealer and the fun begins. The service manager informs me that the tire is not covered under Cadillac's bumper to bumper warranty but Michelin's :banghead: . My dealer says (Parkway in Santa Clarita, CA) I will have to pay for the tire, bring the damaged tire to an authorized Michelin dealer (Sear's in my area) they will have the claim form, mail it in, get your money :lies: .
Well to shorten the story, Sear's didn't have a claim form, Michelin told them I had to call back on Monday, take the tire back with me.
Called Michelin on Monday, and guess what, any Cadillac dealer is authorized for reimbursement on a warranty tire issue. They are still going to send me a check but I didn't need to go through this BS.
Point of the story is, Cadillac has got to get it's customer service issues resolved. Their attitude must be WIT (whatever it takes) to make the customer happy...By the way, the dealer also lost my Michelin warranty book.
FYI......Not every tire dealer has the equipment to change these tires...Even Sears the authorized dealer didn't.
NOT HAVING A SPARE WILL BE INCONVENIENT

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
That sucks. When my tires wear out I'm going to replace them with the F1 GS D3's from Goodyear. They're not run flats but they're superior to what the car comes with, I think TireRack.com has them for around $180 / tire.

At least they're sending a check to cover the tires cost, but at $365 / tire it looks like they're covering themselves 4x over.

·
Registered
23 Posts
stopped by our local cad dealer today in the xlr to ask them about warranty on the run flat tires, he replied without hesitation that cadillac warranties them and if needed they would order , they do not carry them in stock, and for that matter probably nobody in our area would have them in stock. but as a side note he said we could purchase one to have on hand in case of such a need arise and then replace it when the warrantied one arrived.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts