Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Cts-v (on order) Red, Black interior, 6mt
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as my Manual Red CTS-V (with sunroof and suede accents) had arrived in my dealers lot last week (germaine cadillac, dublin ohio) i planned on taking a flight up to columbus this weekend to pick my baby up after around 4 months of waiting since my order.

No such luck... the most exciting day in my recent memory quickly turned into the most anticlimactic day in recent memory... due to fog at the airport, the flight was cancelled.... after 4 hours of waiting at the gate.

Could be worse though, got her coming on a flatbed by monday night!

Anyway
Here are some pictures of my baby

Ill update you guys when i get it

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2009
46 Posts
You have got a gorgeous beast sitting there. Well, Congrats on your machine and I promise you, nothing would be more enjoyable than driving it and having fun after you break it in.

Well I don't need to advise you, take care of it.

IT IS GORGEOUS

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Congrats! and It's going to be a LONG weekend for you. :)

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
Apart from the wheels, your car looks identical to mine, transmission included. My delivery was delayed by two days because of GMAC loan transfer issues, and I too found it to be terribly stressful. Now that I have the car, all is well. I assure you, it will be worth the wait.

T

·
0 Posts
Kid, congratulations. A word of warning. This car is brutally fast. If you don't respect it it will kill you and any unfortunate souls with or near you. Please be careful if not for your own safety, for the safety of others.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
^^^ :yeah: Beautiful v2 - Congrats! I'm not sure I would've trusted myself at 18 with this car - be careful and respectful of the car, and other passengers/drivers for sure! Just saying .....

Rob

·
Registered
2014 ELR Black/Auto
401 Posts
Welcome to the fraternity! Enjoy your car and drive responsibly so you can become old like we chronologically gifted ones... ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not bad for an 18 year old.

Try not to destroy it.
Lol, not all 18 year olds drive like douches, all you geezers are proof :histeric:

and thanks for the compliments guys, ill enjoy it, responsibly!

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
Lol, not all 18 year olds drive like douches, all you geezers are proof :histeric:

and thanks for the compliments guys, ill enjoy it, responsibly!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Yes olde 55 is indeed a " geezer "

His walker gets him to his V each day, and he still chews solid food.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)
312 Posts
OK, so I have to say this.

I know a one point of time or another in all of our lives, we have done something that was stupid and we got away with it. Be it in a car or not, we are all human and we have all made mistakes. Some of us were luckier than others. I don't condone stupid driving, and I am sure alot of the people out there, on this forum, have done something stupid behind the wheel, my self included. I feel that more often the not, the people that are giving caution about being 18 with a high performance car have made mistakes in the past, and want others to learn from it. Some people are more responsible than others at any given age. Accidents are inevitable, but there are things you can do to reduce the risk of having one.

One of which is to be responsible with the way you handle you car, and to know your limits and the cars. Finding what your limits and the cars limits are can be done in a safe manor. Be it in a driving school, or in an empty parking lot, hopefully a large one. There is a big difference between stop light races on a empty country back road, and weaving in and out of traffic on a highway or city street. Also, you have to realize the risk you take anytime you step in the drivers seat. Its your call if you want to risk you own life, I wouldn't recommend it, but you have no right to risk the life of someone else, be it your passengers or bystanders. You might be the best driver in the world, but the person next you in the 96 BMW 325i could be the world dumbest person (speaking from experience on this one).

I hope you enjoy your new car, and I hope you get to have some fun in it. I know I am having a blast in mine. Just be safe and know that when we show concern it is because, even though some might not admit it, we have been there and don't want anyone to make the mistakes that we have in the past.

Beautiful car BTW.

~Matt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that response Matt, ill definitely keep those sort of things in mind. I dont wonna hurt myself or the car, i plan on going to skip barbers at some point.

Anyway the car, I got it monday and have been too absorbed in it to respond until now.

Let me give you my initial reaction to this car.

When i first saw it, i was shocked by how beautiful the car looks in red in person, i was having second thoughts until that moment and sure dont regret my color choice now. Coming from a relatively low tech old bmw, this car is whole different world. This car has every electronic gadget i can think of (and i like those sorts of things.) Traction control, Electronic suspension, GPS, working air conditioning, power seats, heated and cooled seats are all now to me and wow... if i only knew what i was missing.

As for how the car drives, it now has ~ 750 miles on it, and boy, even thought it was shockingly fast, the agility and handling on this car is INCREDIBLE it sure doesnt feel like it is 4100 pounds.

The Torque on this monster has given me a whole new perspective on what an engine is capable of, in the old m3 i drove, i had around 200 ft/lbs of torque, and you had to be in the right rev range to get that much. In the V, i just tryed it today, you can start in 4th!!!! and while your driving you very rarely have to choose one gear, but can choose the gear youd like most for the balance of response and fuel economy youd like.

The GPS, and IPOD/Phone Integration has been an extremely pleasant surprise, everything on this system if flawless, the touch screen in sensitive, the ipod works perfectly with and and my iphone functions very well with the GPS.

The brakes however are in my opinion the best part of this car, this thing stops atleast as well as an e36 m3 (which is 3200 pounds and has great breaks) or and other car i have ever driven.

In conclusion, this car is damn close to perfect! I am so glad i chose american over Germany in this case!

CTS-V FTW

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
Hey congrats, i'd say invest in a radar detector and some tints. I know when i was your age i was a cop magnet just by looks alone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got the radar detector (passport 9500ix) and i refuse to get gweedo tints.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)
312 Posts
"... Working Air Conditioner ..."

LOL, I have been there. My first car I had once I got my license, I had several before then, had the A/C go out in May, so I got to spend my entire summer with out A/C, it was one of the hottest summers in TX on record. On the flip side, I now don't mind riding with the windows down in the summer.

Once again congratulations on the new ride, and enjoy it.

~Matt.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2003, Pontiac Trans Am S.E. 1977
210 Posts
Nice ride! If I would have qualified for TOPS when I graduated high school, I would have had an 04 M3 or an 02 M5. Never be ashamed for being blessed!

You gotta break that baby in. Summer open lapping days are a few weeks away!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts