Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Eibachs approx. 2 years ago and recently a terrible rubbing/grinding noise has been coming from the front right suspension. It gets louder when it rains or whenever its wet outside. It makes a noise going over every single bump. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this?

·
Registered
CTS
184 Posts
I would check all the plastic shrouds and make sure they're not resting on the tire. This happened to me before.

Also, you might have blown your shocks and this might cause the car to have more movement, which could cause it to either rub the fenders or quarters.

I have had every problem with rubbing so if you need any more help let me know.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
When you say you installed Eibachs, are you talking about bars, springs, both?

If bars, consider relubing the bushings even though you say it's only on the front right. To do properly, you need to loosen things up so that you can smear the bushings liberally with some heavy waterproof grease designed for the purpose.

I have the Eibach sway bars on another of my cars & the polyurethane bushings can cause a tremendous amount of creaking & squeaking if they are not properly lubed. I lubed them generously when installed about 18 months back - so far, so good, but having had issues with the poly bushings before, I fully expect to be relubing sooner or later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts