Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question under the front bumper i notice that there used to be this rubber piece.... it fell off a few days ago and i was wondering... if it was important..

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,971 Posts
Are you talking about the piece that would block your view of the ground when looking down between the condenser and the grill?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
That holds your motor and transmission in place. Quick. Take a look to see if they are still under the hood, or somewhere down the road.

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its that rubber piece that shaped like a triangle that attached under the bumper to looked to be the rad ....

·
Super Moderator
86,971 Posts
Still not sure I understand what piece you are talking about. Look down between the grill and the condenser. Do you see the ground or a sheet of rubber?

·
Super Moderator
86,971 Posts
OK, now I understand what you are talking about. I don't know the technical name for it, but I believe it is there to keep the ram air from being diverted down and under the car rather than being forced through the condenser and radiator. With it missing, you might see reduced A/C cooling capacity and/or a little warmer running engine.

·
Super Moderator
86,971 Posts
Forget the engine bay. Watch the engine coolant temperature (ECT).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts