Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 eldorado, 2009 STS, 2004 XLR
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 eldo 4.6 that runs great. All of a sudden i'm getting a "service ride control" message on my dash. When I access the codes, there are no current codes, only a history code rss0020. I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find any rss codes. I have cleared this code more than once and it keeps comming back. There's no difference in ride or anything. This is driving me nuts! Any info would be appreciated before I put tape over the readout. Thanks

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
I am pretty sure at least half the people on here have the service ride control messege. It is either a sensor for the shock or the shock itself, neither are cheap. The sensor is between 390-500 dollars and the shock is 1000, just for the part, and no im not joking. You could try cleaning the contacts for the sensor, they tend to get road grime and dirt in there. Doesn't really affect the ride too much. Otherwise I would get that piece of tape ready.

·
Registered
96 SLS
160 Posts
Code RS0020 - LR Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Voltage (per Factory Service Manual)
It is used to toggle between soft and firm setting based on various road conditions (sounds like I know what I am talking about - doesn't it! - just copying from the manual!) I currently have passive struts and just received the RS0016 which is the RF damper solenoid. Passive struts came with resistor to make car think I replace with OEM parts. Arnott's going to send me a new resistor to replace one which failed at no charge. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts