Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Seville SLS
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did that code test on my 1996 SLS and i got 4 codes three of them were history and i got a :

RS0038 (current)
and i did some research and i think it has something to do with the suspension but what could it be I just payed $3000 at midas for new back shocks and the lines to the compressor were replaced do someone know what it could be???

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
S038 ................... Electronic Level Control Exhaust Valve Short to Ground/Open

It's strange how your car is supposed to be OBD-II, but it's showing an OBD-I code...
maybe they mixed the systems that year... :hmm:

Well anyways, the exhaust valve is in the compressor. So you would need to either get a new compressor or disect and repair the old one. Or maybe the short is in the wires going to the compressor.

IMHO you should just ignore if they say history or not. Unless you clear them and they don't come back for a long time. History just means that it hasn't seen the problem during this "current" startup. A LOT of the systems can't be checked without the car being in motion, so of course they will come up as history (even if the problem still exists).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1996 Seville SLS
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you very much u have been most helpful i am going to check out that compressor and see wtf is going on!!! thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts