Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS Lux III (assembled January 31, 2008)
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As promised earlier this year - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...rough-2011/161110-new-wheels-my-2008-dts.html - I've now installed my new wheels.

Here's the before shot:

Here's the after shot:

Honestly, with what this has cost me - 4 wheels @ $XXX/each + 4 sensors @ $XX/each + 4 hours labour @ $109/hr to get them down to 10 lbs road force - I'm not sure that I would do it again.

Oh well, it's all done except for setting the tire pressure monitors, so maybe I should just relax and enjoy them.

I would say that they look a little sportier and a less Old Man-ish than the originally Lux III RPO N80 wheels.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim.

Well I just set the tire pressure monitors so all that remains is to adjust the tire pressures once things cool down.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2006 DTS Lux II
176 Posts
"Honestly, with what this has cost me - 4 wheels @ $XXX/each + 4 sensors @ $XX/each + 4 hours labour @ $109/hr to get them down to 10 lbs road force - I'm not sure that I would do it again."

They are beautiful. And as long as you like 'em, that's all that matters. I don't think anyone on this forum bought their DTS because they thought it was hip, cool, latest style, or whatever, but it was what THEY wanted to drive, and what THEY wanted to look at in their garage, or driveway. Bravo.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille(totalled):2007 DTS White Lightning Performance
121 Posts
VERY GOOD LOOKING WHITE DIAMOND... I love the Mud Flaps somehow it brings out the rims, WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?
Have you seen a 4 piece body kit of side sills from E&G classics < http://www.andysautosport.com/cadil...rior/body_kits/e_g_classics/egcl00179326.html > u can see them here... ALSO my local Voque dealer has them for order to match the car and have them installed for 600 even. I think ill have it installed on mine very soon just to bring out the performance aspect of the car.... and after that if Mud flaps fit the look ill do those too or it maybe too much i dont know... BUT REALLY NICE LOOK on yours... Im digging it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
VERY GOOD LOOKING WHITE DIAMOND... I love the Mud Flaps somehow it brings out the rims, WHERE DID YOU GET THEM?
Have you seen a 4 piece body kit of side sills from E&G classics < http://www.andysautosport.com/cadil...rior/body_kits/e_g_classics/egcl00179326.html > u can see them here... ALSO my local Voque dealer has them for order to match the car and have them installed for 600 even. I think ill have it installed on mine very soon just to bring out the performance aspect of the car.... and after that if Mud flaps fit the look ill do those too or it maybe too much i dont know... BUT REALLY NICE LOOK on yours... Im digging it.
Thanks CaddiLukKing,

My colour is called Cognac Frost Tricoat, and it looks like a combination of White Diamond and Gold Mist. It's one of the rare colours that Cadillac only offers for a year or so. Cognac Frost was available at the end of the 2007 model year and the beginning of the 2008 model year. My DTS was produced during the last week that the colour was in production.

On the splash guards I detail all of the information in this thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...sh-guards.html (Splash Guards)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks CaddiLukKing,

My colour is called Cognac Frost Tricoat, and it looks like a combination of White Diamond and Gold Mist. It's one of the rare colours that Cadillac only offers for a year or so. Cognac Frost was available at the end of the 2007 model year and the beginning of the 2008 model year. My DTS was produced during the last week that the colour was in production.

On the splash guards I detail all of the information in this thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...sh-guards.html (Splash Guards)
IT'S very brilliant looking color i like it more than the lincoln T/C cartier colour of IVORY TRICOAT
Your link is not working for me, its taking me to home page.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey thanks I found it... i have not been able to call GM or CAdillac with those part numbers that you have listed there.. How much were they if you dont mind me asking...
I think that they were around $50-60.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IT'S very brilliant looking color i like it more than the lincoln T/C cartier colour of IVORY TRICOAT
Yeah I know that TC colour. It's very nice.

Another great colour, but very rare, was Glacier White. It was only offered on the DTS for a short period of time. I've only ever seen one in that colour and it was striking.

The new Ocean Pearl Tricoat also has the potential of being a stunner.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...163580-new-dts-color-ocean-pearl-tricoat.html

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you seen a 4 piece body kit of side sills from E&G classics < http://www.andysautosport.com/cadil...rior/body_kits/e_g_classics/egcl00179326.html > u can see them here... ALSO my local Voque dealer has them for order to match the car and have them installed for 600 even. I think ill have it installed on mine very soon just to bring out the performance aspect of the car....
I saw those E&G rocker panel extensions the other day by accident. They look interesting, and would probably work best on a DTS Performance model.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I took my DTS out for a few trips today - and I got a chance to see the car parked in different places and under different qualities of sunlight. So I must say that I do prefer the look of the new wheels on the car over the original ones. What I'm still not sure about is whether it was worth the expense.

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
That, to me, is the question.
Better? Yes.
That much better? Not for me.
But that...................makes it that much better for you. :)

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Well I took my DTS out for a few trips today - and I got a chance to see the car parked in different places and under different qualities of sunlight. So I must say that I do prefer the look of the new wheels on the car over the original ones. What I'm still not sure about is whether it was worth the expense.

From what you have said...it is worth it to you...and that is all that counts.
You wanted a one of a kind, and you have it. :) :) One of a kind is real cool.
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it, but personally I think it looks darn good. :) :) :) :)
I like them better than my wheels which are similar.
I have the chrome, 9 spoke, 18 inch wheels.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what you have said...it is worth it to you...and that is all that counts.
You wanted a one of a kind, and you have it. :) :)

Texas Jim
Thanks for reminding me Jim of the reason why I did this. And now that you have I realize that I succeeded.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Thanks for reminding me Jim of the reason why I did this. And now that you have I realize that I succeeded.

I think it is way cool...to have a "ONE OF A KIND" :cool2:
Everything is so mass produced anymore...it is almost impossible to have ANYTHING that is truly unique...much less a nice Cadillac automobile. :cool2:
I am happy that you DO HAVE something truly unique. :cool2:

I have one of the very few, if not the "ONLY" custom tuned DTS's. :cloud9:
There may be others, but it is the only one "I" have ever heard of. :cool2:
Both the engine and the transmission have been tuned for more power and responsiveness.

Texas Jim

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats on the new wheels, lookin good. What will you do with the old ones?
There stored carefully in my father's basement. They're in A1 condition as I had the rubber dismounted with a Hunter TC3500 no contact tire changer. I guess I might sell them some day, or maybe use them for winter tires if I'm ever forced to run my DTS in the snow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts