Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - So here's my dunderhead question of the day...I pull my RPO codes (2000 Seville STS) from the spare tire cover and here's what I get for the interior colors (thank you tech tips sticky):

15I INTERIOR TRIM GRAY MONTANA (97) (BRAZIL)
15I INTERIOR TRIM SHALE (I) (95)
15I INTERIOR TRIM SHALE/NEUTRAL (I) (97)
15I INTERIOR TRIM COPPER OPEL (99)
15I INTERIOR TRIM SLATE GRAY (98) (HOLDENS)
155 TRIM COMBINATION LEATHER, SHALE (5) (95)
155 TRIM COMBINATION CLOTH, SHALE/NEUTRAL (5) (97)
155 TRIM COMBINATION LEATHER, SHALE/NEUTRAL (5) (97)

:cookoo: I've lost my mind. How can you have multiple colors assigned to these two codes? Which one is my interior color?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,016 Posts
Assuming that your car is not Brazilian or was assembled by GM/Opel, and has the (two tone) Shale/Neutral Shale combination leather interior (as mine does), the RPO is 15I and 155.

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sub - Thanks - Okay that does help narrow down my choices. Now I'm just hung up on shale and neutral or neutral / shale - can you have one without the other? I'm guessing that the two tones in "two-tone" would be the color of the leather and the color of the carpet / headliner or is it the plastic trim?

On soapbox

I guess this is my beef - I thought the whole point to the RPO codes was to tell you EXACTLY what is in YOUR SPECIFIC car. From the RPO code sticker alone one should be able to tell what my interior color scheme is without looking inside my car. I'm just wondering what it would be like if the Duron paint store used similar transcoding.

Off soapbox

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
A very quick way to tell you what you have is to pop up the rear seat and look on the bottom, there will be a sticker there with the actual name of the interior color just remember to unplug the rear seat heater if equipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts