Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 cadillac eldorado. I am trying to set the throttle speed sensor. What is the rpm suppose to be at in park and in Drive? Since I replaced my throttle speed sensor do I have to do anything else. I put the throttle speed sensor at .65 volts. Thanks

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
zerohour80 said:
I have a 1987 cadillac eldorado. I am trying to set the throttle speed sensor. What is the rpm suppose to be at in park and in Drive? Since I replaced my throttle speed sensor do I have to do anything else. I put the throttle speed sensor at .65 volts. Thanks
the tps (throttle position sensor) is adjusted using a digital volt meter to .5 volts, not .65. set with engine off, key on, idle air control rod fully retracted. you must follow the service manual procedure to the letter. retracting the idle speed motor must be done correctly so as to not damage the ecm. this is not a hard adjustment to make, but must be done using the service manual. also i would replace the throttle return spring, notorious for being weak after years of use, wont allow the throttle to fully return to curb idle. also verify cruise and throttle cables allowing throttle lever to fully return. hope this helps, Bill. p.s. with the idle motor retracted, the idle should be 500 or less. all things reconnected and adjusted properly, idle will be approx 600 to 650, a/c off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts