Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove from Boston to Naples FL last week. Noticed a slight shaking at idle, but vehicle ran well at highway speed and gas mileage was great. Today the emissions light came on. I called On Star and was told that I had a miss fire but not to worry about it and that it was safe to drive. Stopped at a Chevy dealer a d they scanned a P0302 code and reset the light. I am going to Orlando tomorrow and will fill up with higher octane gas to see if it helps. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2011 SRX & 2004 CTS
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Chevy dealer was next door , the Caddy dealer was 20 miles away and it was 6 pm. The Chevy dealer checked the code and reset it. He was willing to look further if I could ring it back the next day.
I filled up with 89 octane and drove from Naples to Orlando. Ran smooth at 55-75 mph with 23+ mpg. Light has not come back on, notice a slight vibration at idle, real smooth while driving. If light comes back on I will take it to dealer in Orlando.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,653 Posts
2010, Check Engine light came on. Car running fine, other than light on. It would stay on for a day or two, then go out, several days later back on again. Dealer stated bad Coil / Wire / Plug. Replaced Coil and Wire under CPO, charged me for plug that was just installed 6 months ago by them. Well after a week of driving, light came back on again. Took it back to dealer, said it showed some emission codes and cleared them, stated they must have been let over from the coil issue. (Nice Try), several days later, light is back on. Noticed today, once or twice, when taking foot off gas in stop and go traffic, heard a backfire in engine. Hmmmmmm. Back to dealer. Truck runs fine, starts fine.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD
70 Posts
Possible carbon build up. There is a TSB that addressed carbon issues on these direct injection engines if top tier gas is not used. My dealer said newer engine software have adjusted timing for the intake valve which will minimize carbon build up, top tier gas is still required.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I use BP 95% of the time. I also use Techron Fuel Cleaner every 5K. Will let you know what the codes are once I bring it in. I'm going to a local AutoZone, and have them print out a copy of the codes and make sure they match what Dealer states.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Car getting worse, sitting at light idle jumps now and then, noticed a few times in stop and go traffic, detonation in engine ( pop noise ). Truck runs fine and starts fine. CEL stays on for several days, then goes out for a several days, then comes back on. I hope its the timing belt so I can get this out of the way while I'm still under warrantee CPO. 75K on truck.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Dealer said timing belt, will know more Monday. Stab Track and Anti Lock Brakes lit also, would this be related to the timing chain or rear?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts