Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After changing my alternator last night, my car has decided to develope a rough idle. It drives great but idles rough. No check engine light. I think i may have a couple vacuum line crossed maybe. Not sure. In the pics below are the intake tubes in that sit behind the radiator. Could someone tell me which nipple to put the white vacuum line onto? I dont remember which one it goes on and which one the black one that sits near by goes to.

DSC07355.gif

Top?:
DSC07359.gif

Or middle?:
DSC07358.gif

Thanks guys

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
My White hose is connected to the nipple that points towards the engine, I beleive that would be the middle attachment, or option 2. Hope that helps. I forgot to remember where the other end hooks up, but I can check later. But the top picture looks right.

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
awesome! Thanks Matera97 for checkin. It didnt end up fixing the problem but I needed it to be right anyway. I appreciate it!

**As an update, The check engine light is blinking. Multiple Cylinder Misfire perhaps? and if so, this is usually a spark issue right? Like a coilpack or plug? How did that just happen as I was changing my alternator? I took off all the parts I removed initially and reassembled everything to make sure it was all plugged in and connected. The car ran fine before the alternator change.

·
Registered
2000 catera
48 Posts
hum, i had similar problem when id have my batter out for more than an hour, i think my problem was the ecu had to relearn how the car drives same with like the auto up/down windows iirc its like leave the key in the on position for like 3 min.

the misfire could be the maf, or fuse 40

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Yeah man, make sure all your tubes are connected and fastened properly. If you could take a few pics I'll compare it to mine if you want, I had to replace my alt last year, didn't have any real issues after install. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah man, make sure all your tubes are connected and fastened properly. If you could take a few pics I'll compare it to mine if you want, I had to replace my alt last year, didn't have any real issues after install. Keep us posted.
I took some pics this weekend but didnt have time to post em up. I'll get em up here pretty quick. Thanks for that diagram. I got it printed and I'll see if I can figure some stuff out with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts