Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 cts wagom
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Cadillac CTS that has has an issue with stabilitrac error which causes the engine power to be cut. Have have the ECU changed as well as wheel sensor. It goes away and comes back again. This have been going on for 7 years. This winter it occurred many time but I was so fustrated with our dealer I just kept a OBD2 tool to rest codes and continue on. Recently I got a notice that a known MAF senson may cause similar symptons and to go to gm dealer to have them fix this. The dealer did not find any error codes so indicated nothing was wrong and would not change the MAF senson and charged me $130 for testing ? ??? . I however have a scan of the MAF sensor ouput and it seems to produce spike every 8 to 10 seconds where it goes from average of 4.2 to 6.6 and then to 2.8 g/s so basically it's not a steady line but spiking between 8 to 2.5 g/ s. And you have feel this in the car as vibrations/shudder. Is this normal?

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,376 Posts
There was a throttle body recall on some of the early years. Might check to see if your car is one of those.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
213 Posts
Suggestion:
Do all the usual inexpensive things first like clean the MAF sensor, clean the throttle body, check/clean electrical connections, examine every vacuum line you can find looking for air leaks and whatever else you can think of. Gather all the scan data you can and head over to the ScannerDanner website. Post your findings and ask for help. Do your homework first. They won't help you unless you put some effort into it yourself.
God Luck

·
Registered
2010 cts wagom
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice..so this is not normal? The throttle position also spikes in unison.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
2,238 Posts
did you get your notification from Cadillac or GM to take your car in to be fixed???...did the notice tell you whether you would be charged for the out of warranty scan/evaluation???...I would be upset if I was given notice to take my car in to be checked and then charged for the checking unless the notice listed there may be the charge for the service...

Bill

·
Registered
2010 cts wagom
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The notice was from gm. You are correct It did not mention anything about being charged for diagnostic. Will bring this up.

·
Registered
03 DeVille 09 CTS4
197 Posts
Thanks for the advice..so this is not normal? The throttle position also spikes in unison.
interesting.

assuming the MAF is not subject to some sort of RFI, it would spike if ther airflow did in fact increase.

But here we go with that crap throttle body...it is not commanded by a foot but rather the assumed output of the gas pedal gizmo or the cruise circuit.

if your pedal is glitched such that it sends a voltage spike, then the TB could respond with a spike, and that would cause the MAF to record what it is seeing...

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,983 Posts
That spike is not normal operation. Note the whole level shifts wit the spike. Did you vary the pedal, more the first time, then back off for the second ? ?

·
Registered
2010 cts wagom
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did the basic stuff like cleaning the throttle body and MAF sensor but no sucess. Next is replacing the spark plugs. The chart is when it was idling and not pressing on the gas. I get the spikes every 8,10 seconds and you can really feel the hiccups..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts