Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Is the idle really suppose to be rough or seem like its missing?

• YES

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium 4x4
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had multiple issues with our 2015i Premium 4x4.

The most anoying is the rough idle. I was told the first time we took it in at 1500 miles it must be bad gas and that they can't duplicate the issue, but performed TSB engine mount replacement - right side anyway. They fixed some other stuff at that time. (seat module, OnStar module, TPM System errors)

Now its back in at 2500 miles for rough idle (again & worse), OnStar module (again), TPM System error(again), random vibration noises, Collision warning random notices when sitting still.

Can anyone put the rough idle to bed for me already??? Is it really suppose to be like this???

Tech told me that he can feel the rough idle and that its normal because its the variable timing adjusting continuously. This seems like a crazy answer to me so I figured I would ask if I am crazy for expecting it to idle smooth. Idles between 500 (most of the time) and 600rpm. We get subtle shakes every 5-10 seconds, sometimes worse than others. This happens at idle in park as well as at idle stopped with the brake applied.

I found a post where someone posted a bulletin:
On some 2014-2015 Corvette, Silverado, Sierra and 2015 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL and
Escalade models equipped with the 4.3L, 5.3L or 6.2L engine (RPOs L83, L86, LT1, LV3), there may
be a condition of a rough idle or a vibration at idle in gear. There will not be any DTCs with this
condition.
I will bring this to the attention of the service department, but still would like other opinions on if I am really suppose to believe its working as designed.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
None
438 Posts

The most anoying is the rough idle. I was told the first time we took it in at 1500 miles it must be bad gas and that they can't duplicate the issue, but performed TSB engine mount replacement - right side anyway. They fixed some other stuff at that time. (seat module, OnStar module, TPM System errors)

Now its back in at 2500 miles for rough idle (again & worse), OnStar module (again), TPM System error(again), random vibration noises, Collision warning random notices when sitting still.

Can anyone put the rough idle to bed for me already??? Is it really suppose to be like this???

Tech told me that he can feel the rough idle and that its normal because its the variable timing adjusting continuously. This seems like a crazy answer to me so I figured I would ask if I am crazy for expecting it to idle smooth. Idles between 500 (most of the time) and 600rpm. We get subtle shakes every 5-10 seconds, sometimes worse than others. This happens at idle in park as well as at idle stopped with the brake applied.

I will bring this to the attention of the service department, but still would like other opinions on if I am really suppose to believe its working as designed.

Thanks,
Don
Mine idols as smooth as silk. Sometimes I look at the tachometer to make sure it is running when the fan is blowing high.

·
Registered
2015 Mercedes CLS63 AMG S
890 Posts

Thanks,
Don
Mine did this back when I was able to drive it (it's been parked since it's not safe to drive). After mentioning it 2-3 times I was told the dealer could not duplicate my concern. That's as far as it ever went...

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,406 Posts
You don't need a poll on if an engine is supposed to have a rough idle. Especially a "Cadillac" engine.

You might pose the question in the Cadillac Customer Care forum - direct response from GM customer services.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
our ride's idle is very, very smooth.
We have a Platinum 4WD ESV and the idle is so quite and vibration free, that I sometimes forget to turn off the engine.
When I look at the dash and I see the tachometer and CUE on, then I know it is ON.
You forget it is a truck.
My Mercedes is the same way, very smooth.

I have had a few glitches, but mostly they have reset themselves.
The only thing I would like better is the clarity of the surround cameras and that the front camera would trigger automatically when I go 5 MPH or less like pulling into a parking space.
the system only activates by design when you are within 12" of an object.
I turn it on now by stopping shifting to reverse and then back to drive.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium 4x4
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
our ride's idle is very, very smooth.
We have a Platinum 4WD ESV and the idle is so quite and vibration free, that I sometimes forget to turn off the engine.
When I look at the dash and I see the tachometer and CUE on, then I know it is ON.
You forget it is a truck.
My Mercedes is the same way, very smooth.

I have had a few glitches, but mostly they have reset themselves.
The only thing I would like better is the clarity of the surround cameras and that the front camera would trigger automatically when I go 5 MPH or less like pulling into a parking space.
the system only activates by design when you are within 12" of an object.
I turn it on now by stopping shifting to reverse and then back to drive.
Our idle is VERY noticeable. We do the same trick for the front camera and wish the surround was clearer as well. We waited for the 2015i just for the surround and the 8spd.

I also wish you could turn the surround on/off and make the front or rear camera full screen. Seems like a waste of the screen size when you don't need the sides and would like to see clearer/larger behind you when backing up.

Overall we love the look and options in our Escalade, but we are not happy with the quality at this point.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Premium, 2015 Escalade Premium, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
50 Posts
I've had my 2015i Escalade Premium for about a month now with about 700 miles on it. To date my problems have consisted of:
  • Rough idle at stop light. Made dealer aware of problem but was told they would like to wait till around 2 or 3 thousand miles of use before they tackle it.
  • Rear View Camera is useless day or night. So blurry it isn't worth the risk of using.
  • iPod will not be found from time to time and when it is it does not update the Title, Album and Song information. For example if the first song is song "A" all of the following songs will display "A's" information and artwork is either blank or wrong.
  • Folding mirror on driver's side does not fully deploy after being folded and needs to be "coaxed" into place.
  • Very poor ride quality sometimes feels very nervous as if it is sensing every imperfection in the road. Other times it's as smooth as silk.
I'm sad to say that what is most likely to happen is these issues will be resolved in the 2016 and later models and those of us unfortunates will be the ones that bought the "2015's with problems" I have a case with GM Engineering and they are both aware of and are pursuing a fix to the iPod problem but I guess we'll see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts