Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my fellow Cadillac owners
Last week I took my 2014 ATS 3.6 RWD to my 2nd free maintaince with 11.5 k mile and CEL lights on and the replace crankshaft sensor and two upper engine mounts and I have been driving it for the last five days with no shaking whatsoever

·
Registered
70 Posts
I this fix done as well a few months ago. Definitely an improvement with minimal vibration right after, but lately the shaking seems to have returned.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Luxury
202 Posts
Hi my fellow Cadillac owners
Last week I took my 2014 ATS 3.6 RWD to my 2nd free maintaince with 11.5 k mile and CEL lights on and the replace crankshaft sensor and two upper engine mounts and I have been driving it for the last five days with no shaking whatsoever
Thanks for posting. Anyone have and experience getting the rough idle on their 2.0 turbo fixed?

·
Registered
2008 CTS
70 Posts
I justt purchased an ats 13, 3.6 rwd. No idle vibration with 35k miles. I also test drove a 2.0turbo 21k miles with no idle vibration at all!, my 3.6 makes a little shake very small!, when parked or at a stop, its veryy little and i feel it only on my left foot. But ive had real idle vibration this is nothing like it, just tought i should give my comment. And if anyone feels the same small shake on the left side let me know thanks

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Performance
20 Posts
I just called cadillac to schedule an appointment to drop my 2013 3.6 off to address the shake at idle, mine shakes pretty good, feels like my old corvette with cam ! definitely not how I want
my new cadillac with 8k miles to feel. Im also just now having issue with the tire pressure monitors, there are reading crazy, but I have 35lb in front, and 40 in back tested with my guage , car computer says I have different amount in each tire from 26lb to 34lb, not one wheel is right

·
Registered
2014 2.0t AWD
276 Posts
I just called cadillac to schedule an appointment to drop my 2013 3.6 off to address the shake at idle, mine shakes pretty good, feels like my old corvette with cam ! definitely not how I want
my new cadillac with 8k miles to feel. Im also just now having issue with the tire pressure monitors, there are reading crazy, but I have 35lb in front, and 40 in back tested with my guage , car computer says I have different amount in each tire from 26lb to 34lb, not one wheel is right
Corvettes with a cam don't shake......they swagger!

12,778 Posts
Hello Redgts,

I’m glad to hear you are working with your dealership to resolve these concerns with your ATS. If you would like an additional layer of assistance while you do so, please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information. Once I have this we can further discuss your situation and document the process within our system.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Performance
20 Posts
Hello Redgts,

I’m glad to hear you are working with your dealership to resolve these concerns with your ATS. If you would like an additional layer of assistance while you do so, please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information. Once I have this we can further discuss your situation and document the process within our system.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care
Hey Austin, good timing actually, I called the dealer they said they are aware of the rough idle issues but told me they had nothing they could do to fix it, I brought up the service bulletin and new motor mount solution, but they had no idea what I was talking about. I will PM you my information, thanks for your help.

-Chris

·
Registered
2014 Red Obsession ATS Premium 3.6L
601 Posts
yeah, I think you are in bad luck my friend.

the motor mount only applies to 2014 3.6. looks like u got a 2013. u probably will be left out ... forever

interesting how GM comes up with a combo of year/engine size to decide whether they should issue a fix.

good luck mate!

Redgts said:
Hey Austin, good timing actually, I called the dealer they said they are aware of the rough idle issues but told me they had nothing they could do to fix it, I brought up the service bulletin and new motor mount solution, but they had no idea what I was talking about. I will PM you my information, thanks for your help. -Chris

·
Registered
2017 Silver Coast Metalic Premium Luxury
212 Posts
quaraong said:
yeah, I think you are in bad luck my friend. the motor mount only applies to 2014 3.6. looks like u got a 2013. u probably will be left out ... forever interesting how GM comes up with a combo of year/engine size to decide whether they should issue a fix. good luck mate!
Not true. I have a 2013 3.6 Premium and took it in for rough idle. Motor mounts were replaced and the difference was night and day.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 Performance
20 Posts
Not true. I have a 2013 3.6 Premium and took it in for rough idle. Motor mounts were replaced and the difference was night and day.
Could you forward me the part numbers they used? Or tell me what dealer it was so I could call

·
Registered
2017 Silver Coast Metalic Premium Luxury
212 Posts
Redgts said:
Could you forward me the part numbers they used? Or tell me what dealer it was so I could call
I don't have the part numbers. But the dealer I use is Mike Erdmann Cadillac on Merritt Island in FL.

12,778 Posts
Hey Austin, good timing actually, I called the dealer they said they are aware of the rough idle issues but told me they had nothing they could do to fix it, I brought up the service bulletin and new motor mount solution, but they had no idea what I was talking about. I will PM you my information, thanks for your help.

-Chris
Good morning Chris,

Sorry for the delay in response, but we did receive your PM. One of our agents should be responding to you shortly to discuss your options going forward.

Best regards,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

1 - 15 of 15 Posts