Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Suggestions on what products or types to use on a front bumber that looks clean but has a rough feel to it. I want to prep the car for a Chicago winter and protect it as much as possible. I also have been researching how to polish the headlightlight covers as they have some rough spots as well. This is 2001 Deville that has gone thru 2 winters in Chicago and needs a little TLC. Thanks for the help. Only a menber of the forum for three days and already have gained so much info. It great to be talking to other Caddy lovers. My first but not my last ( I saw the new convertible, WHAT A SHARP RIDE. To bad it's a two seater, I'm pretty sure my wife would draw the line at riding on the roof after I put my four year old in the other seat. Plus it would really screw up the aerodynamics.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
If it's bugs and road debris, you might try a clay bar if it's really clean looking.

If it's really bad, you might have to use some of that bug and tar remover, too. I'd have to see and feel it myself to be sure. I hate to use that stuff, though.

If you keep a heavy coat of wax on the bumper, things are less likely to stick to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll probably do both to smooth it out.

Elvis said:
If it's bugs and road debris, you might try a clay bar if it's really clean looking.

If it's really bad, you might have to use some of that bug and tar remover, too. I'd have to see and feel it myself to be sure. I hate to use that stuff, though.

If you keep a heavy coat of wax on the bumper, things are less likely to stick to it.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
That's the BEST from what I've heard. Do you have it? Did you install it yourself?

O

·
0 Posts
not sure if this invisible glass is what i think, but i have catalogs at work that sell kits for the front of cars that will protect against almost anything. it's basically a die-cut set of CLEAR VINYL stickers. goes over the front areas, and just keeps the paint perfect (doesn't block UV, though). i get them from auto accessories warehouse, but i don't know if they sell to the public. i could get you the kit near cost if you want. check out my site, www.killersigns.com for the contact info.

ask for Ian

happy motoring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts