Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2000 DHS which will go from a smooth runner to running on a few cylinders in short distance especially if I attempt to gun it.
I pulled the codes and the descriptions for the current codes are:
-PCM P0300 engine misfire detected
-PCM P1360 ignition coil group 2 control circuit
-IPM B0249 heater/defrost/AC door range error
-IPM B0429 temp control #3 rear circuit range/performance
And the history codes are:
-IRC U1016 loss of class 2 communication with VCM
-IPC U1016 loss of communication with VCM.
If I wait for the engine to cool all the way down it returns to it’s smooth running self. I’m wondering if it’s the coil group nearest the firewall. Is that where group 2 is located? I checked the connectors and wires on and around the air intake and they look great. Any advice?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,391 Posts
B 0429 refers to the rear seat console air supply/blend door. Low on a bucket list.

Our Northstars use the left (front) bank as #2 (cylinders 2-4-6-8) and the right bank as #1 (cylinders 1-3-5-7)

The coil cassettes are identical except for color. You probably have bad plugs, tracked boots, maybe a cracked cassette coil tower or two. Cassettes from any junkyard, new boots and springs, only AC Delco 41-987 platinum plugs.

coil-boot-plug 1.JPG

Disregard the pre-2000 coils ..........

Northstar firing order & coils.gif

Spark plug boot and spring.JPG
2011-07-09_100054_carbon_tracking.jpg
DSCN0192.jpg

You WILL find a bit of oil in one or more plug wells. Normal and not a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great feedback! I changed the plugs to the ones you recommended about 900 miles ago and noticed the oil in a couple of wells. I’m surprised that bank 2 is in the front of the car because I get a bit of smoke when this happens between the firewall and the area below bank 1. I’ll order the cassette (Amazon) and let you know It goes. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Runs perfectly! Thanks a bunch Submariner! Replace the Block 2 Cassette (front of vehicle) and the corresponding plug boots. The smoke must have been due to the rough running engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts