Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only 25k mile on my V, and have notice that the idle is getting a little rough. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Is this your way of telling us you had a cam put in?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL… I knew somebody was going to make that comment!! I wish that was the case, but no such luck. I'm still under warranty for a couple of years, but after that all hell breaks loose!!!

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
if you're under warranty then go to the dealer and ask them to check your motor mounts.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
784 Posts
I've been told a modest rough engine idle is normal for the LS6...mine does it too. It's not horrid, just "bumbles" a little bit. I kinda like it :)

P

·
0 Posts
If you don't think it's normal, change the plugs and wires. Might help a little.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
How does it shut down? If you get the heavy dieseling effect it's prolly the MM's. After I replaced mine (thanks for the help Ag's V!!) it shuts down super smooth. Idle's smoother too, but it's a big V8 so it's gonna rumble a little.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn’t have though anything about it if it did this from the get go. It definitely ran smoother than it does now, that is the only reason I'm wondering about it. As far as dieseling goes it's may do it just a tad nothing drastic. I think I may be catching this early on..

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
If you don't think it's normal, change the plugs and wires. Might help a little.
Good idea. Mine idled slightly different with aftermarket plugs. But if anything, the idle felt stronger, more pronounced.

You get everything stitched up Birdman? I want to hear that bad boy...
And I'm looking forward to showing off my Frankenstein exhaust at the next H-town V meet. I'll post some youtube vids once I figure out how to blank out the license plate. I owe you a drive Ryan...want you to feel the difference with the polyurethane all around...it's smooth as silk. OP...sorry for the temp thread jack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts