Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its time to change my brakes so i'm gonna change the rotors too... I'm gonna get the R1's but I have done a few mods and don't know whether to get the standard suspension cross/drilled rotors or the sport suspension cross/drilled rotors. I currently have the eibach sways and v shocks i do not have the v springs just standard. Am I able to still purchase the Sport Rotors even though I don't have upgraded springs? :stirpot:

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6 people looked and no response, so i take it there is no difference and I should go ahead and get the sport saspension?? I wanna click pay now like right now but I want to make sure I have all my bases covered. Somebody say something.......

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would say that as long as they are the same size and bolt pattern that their should be no reason not to get what you want. Rotors are size dependent not spring dependent.

·
Registered
30 Posts
we got the r1 rotors on our CTS.. i think the ones on the sport are a bit thicker.. so im not sure... talk to a guy named Long over there, he took care of us, tell him Ali from Dallas referred you and said you guys can give me a good deal, he might work something out with you. the one problem is my rotors are kinda rusting so look into that before buying them.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
I've got R1 drilled/slotted rotors (standard, not the premium ones which may suffer from rust in the slots and holes) up front and they've been great. Now have about 9000 miles on them. No rust, perform great. i bought a set, but haven't put the rears on yet.

-GT

·
Registered
Cadillac
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder why the premium ones rust:confused: But just a thought being that R1 does stat the they are non rust rotors if I were you gt I would get a hold of R1 and tell them you have rust maybe send pictures and push for free replacements:thumbsup: just a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts