Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to use the video system in my 2000 Escalade. I purchased the truck on Saturday, but can't seem to find the setting to get the tv/vcr working for audio. The video works fine, but I cant find the settings for audio. I assume it uses the radio, possibly a specific station I have to put it on, but I tried every station on the dial and cant hear anything at all!

It is a Rosen tv/tuner/vcr system.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

·
Registered
11 Posts
jayinsac said:
Can anyone tell me how to use the video system in my 2000 Escalade. I purchased the truck on Saturday, but can't seem to find the setting to get the tv/vcr working for audio. The video works fine, but I cant find the settings for audio. I assume it uses the radio, possibly a specific station I have to put it on, but I tried every station on the dial and cant hear anything at all!

It is a Rosen tv/tuner/vcr system.

Thanks in advance.

Jay
Jay,

I had a Rosen system in my 01 Suburban. It is an excellent system but it is a bit quirky. When mine was installed, they told me which radio station to tune to in order to get sound from the speakers. They had already preset it to the first button on the stereo. I would suggest trying every frequency possible, ie., 87.1, 87.2, 87.3 until you get sound. I would also suggest trying the earphones to make sure you have sound. One other thing, try going in to the main menu and check to make sure your audio setting is on. On my Rosen, it was able to be turned off completely through the main menu.

howell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
howell said:
Jay,

I had a Rosen system in my 01 Suburban. It is an excellent system but it is a bit quirky. When mine was installed, they told me which radio station to tune to in order to get sound from the speakers. They had already preset it to the first button on the stereo. I would suggest trying every frequency possible, ie., 87.1, 87.2, 87.3 until you get sound. I would also suggest trying the earphones to make sure you have sound. One other thing, try going in to the main menu and check to make sure your audio setting is on. On my Rosen, it was able to be turned off completely through the main menu.

howell
Thanks for the reply. I actually went to the menu on the system and turned spkr On/Off and kept trying all the low end frequencies and didnt get a peep from the vcr or tv. I guess I can drive back over to the dealer this afternoon, but at 2.20 per gallon here in Sacramento, the 55 mile round trip costs $$$ =)

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought my 00 escalade in late Jan and I had the same problem. My problem turned out to be that my FM Modulater thing was unpluged. I plugged the wire in and tuned it to the radio station and it works fine now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I went to the dealer and they could not get it working either. They also couldn't find the remote or headphone the service manager said should have come with it. He ordered me a remote and 2 headphones free of charge, and he is paying for me to take it and get it checked out at a car audio place. Hopefully its just a wire loose.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
89 Posts
You should first check to see if the radio is on the right frequencies. I think most of the frequencies are (88.9 FM) but that may vary. Next you should check to make sure that the fm modulator is on. THis should be a small swithch located somewhere in the cabin. It maybe in a sort of hidden place like in the ashtray, etc.

·
Registered
escalade
1 Posts
I also purchased the same vehicle can anyone tell me how to turn it on? I fold down screen and nothing happens. Also hit the power button on vcr and nothing happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also purchased the same vehicle can anyone tell me how to turn it on? I fold down screen and nothing happens. Also hit the power button on vcr and nothing happens.
Did you ever get this figured out?? I just got myself a 2000 Escalade and also have no power. Just curious before I start digging around, thanks~!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts