Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think there just bolted to the roof with about 8 star head type screws. Its very easy to just unscrew and take off. May I ask why you want to remove that beautiful chrome rack? :suspect:

·
Registered
376 Posts
slk230mb said:
If you remove the side rails are there any holes in the roof?
yes 3 on each side 1 in the fron 1 in the rear and 1 in the middle, they are about the size of a quarter and have a smaller 1/4 inch hole next to them.

i think that if you take it off it would look ugly, i had them off, and decided to keep them. gave it a little different look that your typical tahoe :eek:

·
Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade
5,826 Posts
99 SKALAID said:
yes 3 on each side 1 in the fron 1 in the rear and 1 in the middle, they are about the size of a quarter and have a smaller 1/4 inch hole next to them.

i think that if you take it off it would look ugly, i had them off, and decided to keep them. gave it a little different look that your typical tahoe :eek:
Just wondering, I love the look of mine and they aren't going anywhere.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Escaladeskatinon24s said:
I think there just bolted to the roof with about 8 star head type screws. Its very easy to just unscrew and take off. May I ask why you want to remove that beautiful chrome rack? :suspect:
I'm actually on the fences with this one. To me, there's nothing wrong with it. I just saw another lade on the streetz without the racks and it looked more sporty. It's just a matter of preference I guess. Where are these screws located anyway? Dont want to just start prying stuff off...

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Anyone know how to take off "only" the cross slats.
I don't want to take off the whole roof rack.. just the slats to make it easier to get snow off the roof during the winter.
Thanks..
Regards.. Frank

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've only done this to my Denali but to take off those cross bars you just take off 1 side rail and you can pop them out off there track then. The Denali is almost the same as the lade. My advice is to keep your chrome racks on since I know a lot of Denali and tahoe guys hate lade owners cause we have them stock and they have to buy them for $600 dollars and up to have them on there trucks. Don't remove mods add them! Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dif said:
Anyone know how to take off "only" the cross slats.
I don't want to take off the whole roof rack.. just the slats to make it easier to get snow off the roof during the winter.
Thanks..
Regards.. Frank
Remove the end caps at the rear of the side rails. Just grab and wiggle off. Remove slats and replace end caps.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT
670 Posts
Sycosis said:
Remove the end caps at the rear of the side rails. Just grab and wiggle off. Remove slats and replace end caps.
Many Thanks to Sycosis.
Greatly appreciated.
Regards.. Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. I have a 2006 srx that is leaking rain water, I'm pulling the roof racks tomorrow for maintenance. A little bit of 3M Marine silicone I think should do it, let me know please if you have had this happen.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
413 Posts
This is the Escalade forum. Not sure why a 14 year old thread was bumped for this. I haven't heard of anyone with leaks in a GMT800 due to roof racks.

These vehicles have water leaks everywhere else, though. Sunroof drains, third brake light, door seals, AC drains, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts