Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 N* AWD
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2004 SRX a few months ago and it had a bad noise from the roof area(I read about the noise here before I bought so I was ready for it). First thing I did is looked for TSBs on it, found TSB 06-08-012B-Ultraview sunroof noise-install Mylar washers. This TSB places Mylar washers under the front and rear track guides and bends sheet metal around the rear sunroof alignment pin and removes the front alignment pin. Since the noise I had was coming from the rear I only did the rear track guides and alignment pin. This did not make a difference in the noise. I then talked to my service adviser and he found document 1911632, #PIC4359A: Pop noise from the rear roof area over bumps and body twists. The procedure is to remove the headliner and check for contact of the roof rail air bag mounting fasteners and the roof panel and/or the drive cable tube retainer screw and the sunroof module assembly frame ( pass side, rear of sunroof). What I did is drop down the headliner enough so the I could access the three airbag bolts that are above the rear doors. Took out the bolts and ground off about a 1/8" off the end of each bolt (instruction say 2mm). I did the pass side first and it did seem to help, only a noise over the drivers side rear door now. I did the three bolts and the side and NO MORE NOISE!!! (I could see the drive cable retainer screw and it was fine).

·
Registered
2004 Seville/2008 SRX
50 Posts
Bob V, how much trouble is it to drop the headliner a small amount. I have some sort of noise that I would like to check out. I don't have the sunroof. Thanks

·
Registered
2004 N* AWD
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not too bad. I would recommend getting a factory service manual. I got one from someone on this form, or go to www.alldata.com and pay for a subscription. I have both and the DVD based one is easier to use.

·
Registered
04 SRX v8
2 Posts
carguy2009, What did you have to remove or loosen to gain access to the bolts? how long did it take you? Thanks for any info you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts