Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Deville / 1989 BMW 635csi
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new RR hood ornament i saw, when u start the car, the hood ornament slides up, u shut it off, and it slides down, that is just SWEET. Is that ever going to be possible on a cadillac? I would like to get one custom made!!! Lots of whigger *******s at school who think they are cool:bomb:. I was thinking of makin my ornament with electric shock, like one of those pens.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan Deville
175 Posts
Interesting idea, I think it would be hard to create the amount of current needed to really shock a person while the car is off. BTW, the RR hood ornament is really cool, thats what you get when you pay mega $$$$$ for a car.

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
SilverFleetwood85 said:
Interesting idea, I think it would be hard to create the amount of current needed to really shock a person while the car is off. BTW, the RR hood ornament is really cool, thats what you get when you pay mega $$$$$ for a car.
It can be done with a capacitor.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
boombotz said:
It can be done with a capacitor.

And then we would have a TIME MACHINE!!!

(no wait, thats a flux capacitor :( )

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
eh... a hood ornament going up/down when you turn the car on/off really dosn't amuse me.

If someone wants to steal something, they'll find a way.

I am really sure someone that spends $250k on a Rolls Royce is that concerned about replacing their hood ornament.

Why have it up when you drive if its not up when you park? maybe for kids that need to start at something when driving? may as well stick it on the grille and solve the problem all together.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Hey I wonder how much a RR replacement hood ornament goes for at the local :)histeric: ) dealership?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
speaking of hood ornaments, this friend of mine in high school stuck a dildo on the grille of his friends' 88 Honda Civic, then he would go around and love tap other's cars!! :histeric:

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
The hood ornament on a Rolls Royce is in solid sterling silver and costs a mint, that's why they've made a vague effort at some security.

I seem to remember the anti theft feature was first made available many years ago.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
a hood ornamnet in solid sterling silver?

Some people have more money then brains....

man... I realy hope if/when I make lots of money in the future... I don't get sucked in....

ahh damn... spending half a millon on a new car just dosn't do anything for me.... restoring classics... yeah... but I just can't get into all this new stuff...

I drive, and like Cadillac's.... how much of a contridiction can this be...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Night Wolf said:
a hood ornamnet in solid sterling silver?
Some people have more money then brains....
man... I realy hope if/when I make lots of money in the future... I don't get sucked in....
ahh damn... spending half a millon on a new car just dosn't do anything for me.... restoring classics... yeah... but I just can't get into all this new stuff...
I drive, and like Cadillac's.... how much of a contridiction can this be...
You'd be surpised how many people would say this, get rich and change their minds.

I remember once saying "I'll never buy a brand new car"

Four years later I bought a brand new car

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Do older Rolls's generally ride as smooth as a '70s Caddy or Lincoln?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Do older Rolls's generally ride as smooth as a '70s Caddy or Lincoln?
I suppose they do, the earlier ones though, 1970s Royce's are terrible, smooth, but slow heavy ugly and about as reliable as an Argentinian dictatorship.

I'd still rather rather have the 1956 Bentley S1 Continental that my father has in his garage over any Royce!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Is that the 1st generation Continentals? The ones I'm thinking of (1953) are milestone cars, very highly rated and loved.

I met a guy when I was in england that had several '70's and '80's Rolls Royces. They were nice cars and such, I just didnt see anything that justified their exorbitant pricetag! For my money, I would rather have a Mark IV, Eldo, Fleetwood Brougham, Town Coupe and a 450SEL 6.9.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Yeah, its a 1956 car, but its the one launched in 1953

Silver with red leather interior.

Cost him his retirement money.

He drove it, back in the late 50s and early 60s when I was a child, it belonged to his boss, he was among most other things, the driver for the family, and he used to bring it home, when the car was sold by the boss we never saw it again, until he had ehard it to be up for auction, and there he went and bought it.

its a beautiful car.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
oh yeah they are gorgeous cars!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts