Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the power that is getting to the ground on these cars, it is only a matter of time before most are running 11.99 or faster. So, with that said, does anyone have any plans for a roll cage?

·
Registered
11 V Black Diamond Sedan, 16 Escalade Premium (wife's)
221 Posts
actually for non-convertibles its 11.49 for a roll bar (5 points, main hoop, two bars back and one down the driver's door to kick panel and harnesses) and then at 9.99 or 135 (just got dropped from 150 mph) you need a full cage which certifies down to 8.50 which adds your bars down the windshield pillar which run from the kick panel area to the main hoop, a bar across those at the top of the windshield, a bar across the firewall and the addition of a passenger side bar........all welded to the frame rails. The latter is whats commonly referred to as a cage.

I honestly wouldn't worry about any of those for a cts, but both of my vettes have rollbars welded in, my street car has a 5 point and needs a cage, my road race car has a 6 point (both driver's and passengers) and with the nitrous would need a full cage as well.

I doubt anyone really drag races that regularly to necessitate the bars, caddy isn't exactly ideal, although capable.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (MG9)
280 Posts
Just wondering what kind of driveshaft loop are people using since they are regularly quicker than 12.99 (or any time with slicks) with this V? Custom or? Welded or bolted in?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
cts-v
39 Posts
up here at the tracks its 11.49 also but here is problem with us is that the track marks your car and then any other visits to the track they warn you that you need to install the cage/roll bar what ever. I tried to research the cts-v that did the nurburgring because it had a mild set up not the full race cage. thus you can still use the back seats. anybody have any of those picks of that cts-v????

·
Registered
NONE
72 Posts
up here at the tracks its 11.49 also but here is problem with us is that the track marks your car and then any other visits to the track they warn you that you need to install the cage/roll bar what ever. I tried to research the cts-v that did the nurburgring because it had a mild set up not the full race cage. thus you can still use the back seats. anybody have any of those picks of that cts-v????
This thread has pics from another V with GM supplied cage, but not their 'Ring ride. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/166357-cadillac-cts-v-nuerburgring-record-holder.html#post1837973 Looks like a full cage to me.

·
Registered
1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9
568 Posts
The "Ring" car which sold at B-J auction only had a "harness loop/bar" support for the 5 point harness/belts and the Sparco (sp) seats as it was discribed by Hienrocket when he was up on the podium. Not a rollbar/cage!

GG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts