Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to the Rolex 24 this weekend? Parking in the Cadillac Paddock? I am so looking forward to being with our brethren and seeing all the different V models who park there (V cars only). Should be a great race with Cadillac racing this year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I will be in the V corral and paddock on Saturday morning.

Looking forward to seeing Cadillac getting back into racing, and also seeing the Vs in the corral!!

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,595 Posts
Sounds sweet..where is the Rolex run? just curious.
Daytona International Speedway. Google "daytona continental 24 hours" and "rolex daytona 24 hours".

Find some of the day and night YouTubes. It's one long-ass road race - not a NASCAR oval - the Daytona tri-oval plus the entire infield switchbacks/chicanes road course. Non-stop except for driver, gas, tires, brake changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjFaS0YBVYM

·
Registered
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Live report. At 7:13 Cadillac is 1 2 3! And the Cadillac corral is worth every penny

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,595 Posts
Didn't Cadillac win the overall trophy? What about Ford in the GT class? Ferrari suffered mechanically...........

·
Registered
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cadillac 1 & 2.

GTLM: Ford, New Porsche, Ferrari. What an amazing finish.

To have such a wild finish, let alone after 24 hours. Truly amazing! Watching the driver's, their concentration, they are fantastic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Was a great event Cadillac does a great job. Just got back myself.
Saint Petersburg World Challenge race is next. If you own a V, you'll get the email. Its a great 3 day event. Lots of racing to see. More interaction with Cadillac at this one. Get to take your car on the course for a couple of laps (not really at speed, buuuuuuuttttttt).

·
Registered
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was a great event Cadillac does a great job. Just got back myself.
Saint Petersburg World Challenge race is next. If you own a V, you'll get the email. Its a great 3 day event. Lots of racing to see. More interaction with Cadillac at this one. Get to take your car on the course for a couple of laps (not really at speed, buuuuuuuttttttt).
Which V was yours in the corral? I had the PGM Vagon. There were two OBM Vagon, one red and one black.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am one of the OBM Vagons, with the Velgen wheels. Now that I think about it, was that you, tinman, that I chatted with? Our cars may have been backed up to each other.

Cadillac wins the 24 Hours of Daytona!!!!! Pretty impressive for a rookie car.

The suite was very nice, but it got REALLY cold outside once the sun got covered and it started raining.

Here are some photos of the corral and the cars on the grid (I'll make a separate post as well).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157678007734311

·
Registered
55 Posts
Which V was yours in the corral? I had the PGM Vagon. There were two OBM Vagon, one red and one black.

Mine was in the corral. Grey Coupe manual- my friends was the Grey Coupe Auto with the license plate "Kadzilla" She was the only one that stayed there the entire time, Cadillac gave her a hat for her support.
Next up Saint Petersburg and 12 hours of sebring in march

·
Registered
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
13,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice light show..Looks great at night.:yup:
Great pictures, but no "heat of the action". Should have a night time picture where the cars come off the high speed oval into turn one with all 4 rotors cherry red (about 1200 degrees). That sight is awesome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts