Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS in Black
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as I mentioned in another thread, i went to my dealer today because they put in a brand new set of headlights for me.

anyway when I was there the manager told me they just got in a 2008 XLR-V and if I wanted to take a ride.

I said yes and it was fast as hell.

On the merge lane to I-35 we hit 147 in about what seems like 10 secs. Fastest car I think I've ever been in and purely beautiful

·
Registered
2004 CTS in Black
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Never been in a 2007.

It did seem the interior looked alot like what I've seen in the pictures of the 2008 CTS. The exhaust was all center back like the Vette, not sure if that was the way it was before.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
How often do dealers test drive XLR-V's top someone not interested in buying it?
I know if Im buying that car, it better not have been driven...especially hard.

Nice car though...99% of the car the SL55 is, but not as expensive or pretentious.

·
Registered
2004 CTS in Black
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I was pretty lucky I thought, but the guys there are very cool. The car was actually sold and the guy who bought it I see him or his wife driving all the time, their other cars include:

Ferrari Enzo
Mercedes McLaren SLR
Aston Martin Vanquish

I'm in Oklahoma and there is a LOT of oil money here. The guy is the owner of an energy/oil company.

He told them to play with it until he came and picked it up.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Yea, I was pretty lucky I thought, but the guys there are very cool. The car was actually sold and the guy who bought it I see him or his wife driving all the time, their other cars include:

Ferrari Enzo
Mercedes McLaren SLR
Aston Martin Vanquish

I'm in Oklahoma and there is a LOT of oil money here. The guy is the owner of an energy/oil company.

He told them to play with it until he came and picked it up.
Ahh, sold, thats makes better sense. I love the fact that he's filthy rich and still chose the XLR-V over the obvious choice of SL55 or SL65 AMG! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
The SLR is so sweet. There's a guy who has one here in Westlake. $450,000...

They are making a convertible one I hear.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
The SLR is so sweet. There's a guy who has one here in Westlake. $450,000...

They are making a convertible one I hear.
They certainly are!
I stil, don't like the SLR. If I'm paying that much money for a car, I want a unique interior. One that keeps up with the unique exterior. Not one that is HARD PLASTIC with most of its parts from the SL garbage bin.

If I'm up in that price range, I would start looking at the rarer exotics from Pagani and others.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
if i had that kinda money i'd be looking at one special car by VW .. the ONLY vw production car i would ever buy...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts