1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When coming slowly to a stop
Once I complete the full stop, foot still on the brake
It feels as though the the car gently rocks forward and back for less then a second. Maybe like 3 rocks. Its not large swinging, but Im sure it would be slightly visible from outside the vehicle.

Have been noticing this just recently so cant say if its progressing.

Bushings worn somewhere maybe ?
Springs or something ?

·
Registered
2000 DEVILLE,2001 STS.
122 Posts
Worn rear brakes maybe ??? car could be rocking ever so slightly with more load on the front pads(rear end maybe lifting and settling ). I know worn rear pads will make a car nose dive if you shove the pedal down from a little speed but not hard enough to engage the ABS. Does your STS nosedive more than usual?? if not I would suspect bushings if you don't have any codes for the suspension components.

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will check that out tomorrow morn. See if it does dive. Cant say for sure at the moment, havent payed much attention to that. I tend to leave nice space so as to be safe and not have to worry bout relying on the ABS.
But ya man. Will check that out.

Could very well be the issue though. When I purchased 2 years ago they had apparently machined all rotors. But dont know if they replaced the rear pads.
Have also recently been feeling a slight pull to one side when having to brake short.

Thanx mazingman.
Lookin forward to your input in the forum here in the future.

Will let yous know what I find out.

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
My car does it too. It could just be the result of 4000lbs of steel coming to a stop.

·
Registered
2001 STS
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car does it too. It could just be the result of 4000lbs of steel coming to a stop.
4000lbs of steel coming to a stop from a snails crawl...And rocking....???
Am actually surprised Im not recieving some kinda stabilty message.
Could also be maybe bushings as well as mentioned.
Does appear to be a bit looser than was.
Will check it out.

These things do creep up on ya. And before you know it, it seems normal...until something fails.

My wifes 99 Bonnevile stops at a dime.
No rock, No sway.
But it is due for new front pads.

Lacs dont rock at stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts