Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, in the next few weeks I am going to need to remove the rocker panel moldings left and right. I looked under the car and it seems there are some odd looking clips. Anyone know how to remove the moldings?

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado
2 Posts
Same issue here - for a 2000 Eldorado. I see mention of plastic clips that can be broken adn replaced, but what about the clips that attach the panel from below - mounted vertically, long and solid like bolts, but with a square shim of metal near their head?

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
The bottom clips are very easy to remove and are the least of your problems. I did break 2 of them on the first side I did though. Try and get a screw driver in there to release the clips from the car. There are 3 plastic push pins that need to be removed from the rear fender well and 1 in the front. I started back to front. Removing them is a pain in the ass. There are many (I think 10 or 11) snap in clips along the rocker. They break easily and there's not much room to work. I would pull the rocker panel towards me and use a small screw driver to release 1 tab of the snap in clips, which would allow me to pull the rocker towards me a little more, then try to release the 2nd tab. After that you can pull that clip out. Now just repeat for the rest.

·
Registered
Some kind of CTS
210 Posts
I can understand the standard sounding clips along the side, but these clips on the bottom... how do they work?
there's no telling if you even still have the stock clips on your car. In the 12 years your car has been around, there is no telling who has worked on it, who has lost the clips, what they replaced them with etc. Just get them off any way you can and replace them with ones you can easily get from a parts house and ones that will be easy to take off in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts