Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Srx Awd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get an idea of what this could be. I get a loud roar coming from the rear end as I gain speed. It has some vibration bit does not feel like wheel bearing. Any ideas of what it could be? Thanks

·
Registered
SRX'05 4.6L
235 Posts
Does it stop when you stop accelerating? How do you know it's not wheel bearing? Did you try turning while the sounds is present?

Wheel hub is the first thing that comes to mind as I had it and with time it became like a roar.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Srx Awd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheel bearing was the first thing we checked. It does stop when I'm sitting still. The faster I go the louder it gets.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Srx Awd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband checked them. He has changed wheel bearings before on several trucks. There noise does not stop when turning corners there is no clunking or anything while turning or no shaking of the wheel.

·
Registered
06 v6 SRX
491 Posts
The reason I asked is that SRX wheel Bearings are like no other . I've replaced 3 and you could not feel play - see- or tell they are bad . That's the hard part is finding witch one it is . Front you can tell when driving on the E-way by going around a curve if the sound gets louder . Back ones ?

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
You can look for excessive heat of the hub after a drive; compare side to side.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Srx Awd
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I will let him know when he gets home. He has worked on older trucks and cars not much with AWD vehicles. Its hard to tell which side its coming from. There is some vibration when I first start driving but after I hit about 45 its just noise. I was worried in might be something with the rear end or something. We bought this used and it has 112,000 on it right now so we have only had it a few months.

·
Registered
05 srx awd v6 (gone), '07 GXP, 2010 li'l red wagon 3.6
3,177 Posts
You might also check the rear brake pads; the inners seem to wear faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts