Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Escalade
134 Posts
I just got back from Miami to NY, and than back again. 50 hours in the car total! Lumbar on the seats is great for long trips. Holding the steering wheel was not comfortable after the first 5 hours though. It's slightly awkward where to put your left arm and still keep your hands on the cruise control buttons. window sill is too high and far away, armrest is too low, leg is too annoying. Telescopic wheel might help, since if you're tall you need to keep the seat back so far away from the steering wheel.

How was your gas millage.

I got 18.3 average on both trips. I installed a diablo tune before my trip. My last trip without the tune got 17.0 My average speed was 80 which was 2,050 rpms (79mph was exactly 2,000rpm) I used cruise control the whole way and only kicked down a gear to pass maybe 2xs each way.

·
Registered
2018 Escalade ESV
336 Posts
I wish the seat would drop lower and you are right about being tall. I'm 6ft 4in and it's kinda hard to get real comfortable and my head is about 1-2 inches from ceiling.

·
Registered
'11 Escalade, '06 Escalade
221 Posts
Last summer I took a road trip from Edmonton, Alberta to San Diego and loved it. Stopped by Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle. Loved the ride. We were really packed up in there (4 adults) and everywhere we went it was a huge shopping spree lol. Found the cooled seats real nice in Las Vegas as it was +40*c most of the days. Gas mileage was +/- 10.5L/100km round trip. Reclineable rear seats were real nice too on the long trip as we were taking turns driving and sleeping. Went straight from Edmonton to Las Vegas non stop ( only food and bathroom ) and then same San Francisco to Seattle and then Seattle to Edmonton.

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
Last summer I took a road trip from Edmonton, Alberta to San Diego and loved it. Stopped by Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle. Loved the ride. We were really packed up in there (4 adults) and everywhere we went it was a huge shopping spree lol. Found the cooled seats real nice in Las Vegas as it was +40*c most of the days. Gas mileage was +/- 10.5L/100km round trip. Reclineable rear seats were real nice too on the long trip as we were taking turns driving and sleeping. Went straight from Edmonton to Las Vegas non stop ( only food and bathroom ) and then same San Francisco to Seattle and then Seattle to Edmonton.
Maybe I've never noticed but your rear seats recline? I had no idea that option was available?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first time we drove from Alabama it was in a Toyota solara full of boxes and such as I was moving my girl from there to Chicago it was very uncomfortable to say the least as I am over 6ft tall and over 300lbs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts