Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Proof? About gas mileage? LOL - Seriously?
I can picture it now - someone wrecking their Escalade because they were holding a camera pointing at the display instead of watching the road. Proof that he got 18.9? You probably need to get over yourself. Another thing - it's pretty disrespectful to refer to someone as 'boy' unless they are in fact your son.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
Well I didn't think at the time I would need to take a picture of the mpg screen reading 18.9mpg for proof one day becuase some d!ck needed proof but I wish I would have now!

The trip was from lynchburg va to myrtle beach sc which is 340 miles(give or take) and basically flat ground and a constant 75-80 mph on rural roads..... Im not saying I average this with city and highway mixed and Im also not saying I average that all the time highway!!!!! Im just saying on that particular day, with those particular conditions I AVERAGED 18.9 MPG!!!!

I average 13-14 city and 16-17 highway on most occasions! If that helps to explain it any better!!
:postpics:

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Proof? About gas mileage? LOL - Seriously?
I can picture it now - someone wrecking their Escalade because they were holding a camera pointing at the display instead of watching the road. Proof that he got 18.9? You probably need to get over yourself. Another thing - it's pretty disrespectful to refer to someone as 'boy' unless they are in fact your son.
Do you realise I am born and raised in the south, boy? LOL.
:histeric::thepan::histeric:

Also, I guess people like you do not need navigation if you are afraid to take your eyes of the road and like luxury said it ...

LOL, this is a funny thread - HAHAHA you made me laugh for this Saturday!!!

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Ok, I just had to do this :lildevil:...

"CAN I PLEEEEEEEEEZE HAVE A PIC OF THE MPG!!!"

:histeric::histeric::histeric:

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
If you can just swear on your Escalade that you got 18.9MPG .... Id believe you.... I dont know how you did it, but congrats if you did...

·
Registered
Cadillac
14 Posts
I am thrilled! Just tracked mine and got 18.1 on the interstate! That was on a 350 mi trip. Loaded with my wife and I, one year old son and vacation luggage! Kept it on 75 and used ethanol free gas...which I have charted and seen 20% MORE mileage w/o ethanol. I'm thrilled!

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
637 Posts
Umm, 5.3's or 6.0's....quiite a difference folks.

6.0 on 24's getting 18.9mpg at 70+ is pure bullshit.....well maybe if he lets off the gas and hits reset.I can get mine to read 99mpg too.

It will not average 19mpg at 70mpg..no way no how.55mph maybe.

·
Registered
04 ESV
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wow, thread still alive. Just made same trip as last year (thread starter) with a stiff tail wind and got 17.9 mpg (calculated by hand) with 04 ESV full loaded with cargo carrier in hitch. 89 Octane

21 - 31 of 31 Posts