Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
04 ESV
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fully loaded 04 ESV with a cargo carrier stuck in the hitch...705 miles and 17.6 mpg! I am thrilled with this...but I lost a key/remote on the trip, user #1, anybody got an extra one?

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Wow that is great - is it completely stock and what mileage you have on it?

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
wow.... that crazy .... my EXT is supposed to get 16 hgwy, but i havent got past 15 on any long trips

i do have about 600lbs of work equipment in the bed though

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
I averaged like 11 and some change on my way to Tahoe.. I have 22's (305-40-22) and the rest is stock. I just sit my cruise control on 65 now, cause anything above that and the gas mileage gets ridiculous.. I didn't really mind before but the gas prices have been on the rise.. and 3.20 a gallon for premium can start adding up real quick, when you have 2 SUVs in the driveway... Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I averaged like 11 and some change on my way to Tahoe.. I have 22's (305-40-22) and the rest is stock. I just sit my cruise control on 65 now, cause anything above that and the gas mileage gets ridiculous.. I didn't really mind before but the gas prices have been on the rise.. and 3.20 a gallon for premium can start adding up real quick, when you have 2 SUVs in the driveway... Just my 2 cents.
LOL, tell me about it - lucky my neighbor is not some eco-freak :)

·
Registered
2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS
532 Posts
17+MPG??? :alchi: thank your lucky stars. I recently took a trip to NY for the US open from Lancaster PA....mostly 70 mph plus.
Now...........I use premium REAL gas........the gas with no ethanol at all.
factory 20's at 33 psi and it was a cooler, rainy day.
All of those advantage factors averaged me 15.9mpg and I went out and played the power ball that night....I felt that lucky.

Good for you. Don't know how you did it, but you achieved the impossible.

·
Registered
04 ESV
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I know...My driving habits are all about maintaining momentum. I never use cruise control. 95% of this trip was highway driving around 70mph on 89 octane.

·
Registered
'04 EXT
94 Posts
I just drove 2 hours today in 80/85 degree heat at 70-85 mph (mostly 80+) and achieved a mpg of 16.3. That's with 400 lbs of driver/passenger weight and needing to fill up my tires with air as well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
2002 on 24's 160k miles ....averaged 18.9mpg on highway :D
Is it just me or is the above post ... :lies: Oh and I just could not wait to use this pic...

:bsmeter:

I mean come on now, what do you have? Some secret-home-made hybrid-cooking-grease conversion?

·
Registered
06 Escalade EXT
9 Posts
Recent trip to Jersey from Pittsburgh 2006 ext powerflow CAI, dual exhaust twin turbo mufflers (i know this doesnt affect mpg though) everything else stock and got 19.5 on the way there and 18.9 on way back. I was pretty pumped! Cruising around 75-80 mpg

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Is it just me or is the above post ... :lies: Oh and I just could not wait to use this pic...

:bsmeter:

I mean come on now, what do you have? Some secret-home-made hybrid-cooking-grease conversion?
^^^^^:cookoo:

:thehand: Why would have any reason to lie over something as stupid as what mpg I get on the highway???? 2O mpg is not unheard of on the highway in this model escalade!

But hey, thanks for making yourself look like an @sshole!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ok, well how come some of us get almost half of that no matter how "nice" we drive??? You know what, maybe you guys should post up some pics showing you're gettin 18+ Mpg??? I would just like to "see" it :D

·
Registered
Cadillac
162 Posts
I will chime in here as well. I do believe that 20 mpg is obtainable but.... you really must be on a long straight FLAT drive for the run. I am trying my best to average 14-15 city/hwy and I will be happy. Unfortunately I drive more in the city which puts my mpg about 13. I think the best I have averaged HWY only is 15-17 hwy. Of course I dont know if it makes a difference if its an EXT or Full size Lade.

·
Registered
737 Posts
^^^^^:cookoo:

:thehand: Why would have any reason to lie over something as stupid as what mpg I get on the highway???? 2O mpg is not unheard of on the highway in this model escalade!

But hey, thanks for making yourself look like an @sshole!
Ok well show me one, just ONE that gets 20 Mpg as you claim...

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
45 Posts
Are you guys doing the MPG's by hand, or talking about the BS from the onboard display?

To REALLY know what you are getting, fill the truck up, frive about 1/2 to 2/3 of the gas out of it, fill it back up, and see what your MPG's are there, IMHO that the only way to figure it right:)

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Well I didn't think at the time I would need to take a picture of the mpg screen reading 18.9mpg for proof one day becuase some d!ck needed proof but I wish I would have now!

The trip was from lynchburg va to myrtle beach sc which is 340 miles(give or take) and basically flat ground and a constant 75-80 mph on rural roads..... Im not saying I average this with city and highway mixed and Im also not saying I average that all the time highway!!!!! Im just saying on that particular day, with those particular conditions I AVERAGED 18.9 MPG!!!!

I average 13-14 city and 16-17 highway on most occasions! If that helps to explain it any better!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Look here lil weezie, all I said was it would be nice to see some proof - no need to be a mad-rapper about it boy.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
360 Posts
Proof? About gas mileage? LOL - Seriously?
I can picture it now - someone wrecking their Escalade because they were holding a camera pointing at the display instead of watching the road. Proof that he got 18.9? You probably need to get over yourself. Another thing - it's pretty disrespectful to refer to someone as 'boy' unless they are in fact your son.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts