Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know of any road course's near NY? I live on Long Island and have drag tracks but I like the twistes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bridge Hampton was an awesome track on Long Island. I used to race motorcycles there. But the lawyers in the million dollar homes forced them to shut down because they didn't like the noise. Sad part is the track had been there for something like 50 years...

V

·
0 Posts
Try Watkins Glen if you really want to let the V stretch it's legs. It is in Finger Lakes region which means the better half can shop while your at the track and you can both enjoy dinner at one of the many wineries.

Norm

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Englishtown in NJ may go thae way of new homes creeping in not likeing noise pollution. Read an article in the local paper saying people who moved there knowing of the track is trying to get it restricted and or shut down.:nono:

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Closest road courses are Pocono, Limerock, Watkins Glenn, Beaverun. I'm on LI too, and can't get into the dragging....Pocono is like 2hrs away.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
ace996 said:
Closest road courses are Pocono, Limerock, Watkins Glenn, Beaverun. I'm on LI too, and can't get into the dragging....Pocono is like 2hrs away.
Several of us (Will, Linden, etc.) have put up a number of track days. Lime Rock is the closest from LI, but not the best course for the V. Pocono has 5 different configurations and most suit the V. Watkins Glen is the best for the V, but is the farthest of these 3.

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Not to thread jack, is any one going to the Englishtown event at the end of the month?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check out www.tracquest.com, they run weekend track days at Lime Rock, the Glen, etc. Englishtown (http://www.etownraceway.com/) will eventually have a road course but they haven't updated the site with new information in over a year. As of '04 they were building the burms.

Where on LI are you? If you get the itch for some short run twisties, come out to the BMWCCA Auto-X events at Nassau Colesieum. They've finished up this year but hopefully will be back next spring if the parking lot isn't being torn up.

-Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts