Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I'm new here, and couldn't find my answer using the search. Can someone please tell me how to program factory remotes? I know my '94 FWB has RKE (I ran the VIN), but the car came with one set of keys and no remotes. I'm currently bidding on remotes on ebay. How many total remotes can be programmed? Thanks in advance. I recognize a few of you from the Impala SS forum. I have a '95 9C1 LT1 as well as the Fleetwood. By the way, I've owned my FWB for a month, and I already had the trans rebuilt with some goodies such as a Transgo kit and a Tahoe Z56 (police package - 2200 stall) converter. Glad to be here! :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*BUMP*

I had the trans rebuilt because of a definite shudder coming from the converter. It was shot, along with the pump and a few other things. I can't put anything back to stock if there's an upgrade, so I did a few things to it. Put a Tahoe deep pan on it at the same time for the extra 2 quarts. Heat kills, and it gets hot in Houston in the summer. I also replaced the two cooler lines from the trans that were leaking.

Back to my original questions...anybody?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
1. The ignition must be in the "run" position.

2. Find the programming connector that is hanging off a wire harness on the upper left side of the trunk by the left hand hinge. Its a 2-pin male connector with two black-with-white-stripe wires.

3. When you short these two pins together with a screwdriver or shorting plug, the RCDLR will cycle the lock and trunk solenoids to confirm it is ready. This connector will need to remain shorted until your are finished programming the remotes.

4. Pressing any key (only once) on either remote will program that remote to the RCDLR. You will need to re-program both remotes once you begin the procedure. The RCDLR will only remember the last two (2) remotes programmed. Any transmitter codes that were previously programmed will be ereased.

5. The locks will cycle lock-unlock after each remote is programmed to confirm that it register its signal. Once the shorting plug is removed the alarm will sound for 1 second - this indicates that the system is ready. The system will not operate if the shorting plug is not removed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
VIN Guy