Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The remote entry on my '00 STS does not work, I know it just needs programming. Is this something that is easy to do myself, or should I just take it to a dealer?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
i think on my gtp all i needed to do to reset the code was just hold down on both lock and unlock for 10sec and you will see your car flash its lights. i'm not sure if it's the same way with cads. hope that helps

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
When I went to the dealer to get a new set of keys, they told me it takes about a half an hour.. I wonder... They actually didn't have time to do it the day I brought it in. I had other work done and when I came to pick up the car, they said it hadn't been done yet.. Is it really a 30 minute deal? Or could this have been done in under a minute.. If SO, then that was a bit scammy...

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
When I went to the dealer to get a new set of keys, they told me it takes about a half an hour.. I wonder... They actually didn't have time to do it the day I brought it in. I had other work done and when I came to pick up the car, they said it hadn't been done yet.. Is it really a 30 minute deal? Or could this have been done in under a minute.. If SO, then that was a bit scammy...
on my gtp when i had this problem, all i had to do was hold down lock and unlock for 10seconds on the remote and my car's headlight flashed and it started working right away. I don't know what to say. It could be different maybe not.
BTW my gtp was a 2000 model.

·
Registered
975 Posts
It only takes a couple of minutes to program the remotes but you have to have the TECH II which only dealers usually have. It is a very simple process but most dealerships do charge 1/2 hours labor time for the process.

Max

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
caddydaddy