Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for some rims for my 90 sedan deville. it is dark blue and may later be painted black. im thinking about some wire wheels in the stock size(i believe that is 15") but im also thinking about getting them a little larger(17 or 18), or some later year used oem chrome cadillac rims. what are you guys suggestions?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm right there with you... I also have a 90 deville and was pondering rim options. I saw a deville that had oversize spoke wheels with a sharp point in the center, and Another that looked more like five spoke sporting wheels in chrome. The cars looked amazing in both. Not sure about how to get the right size, however. One of the guys tells me that the larger size rims and tires been giving him problems. After hearing that, I basically gave up my search for bigger wheels and just found some stock wire wheel covers. I'm very happy with them... I think the car is beautiful. But every so often I'm still tempted...

·
Registered
80 Posts
im in the same boat...have a 90 deville also and had someone wanted to sell me 17" wires and vougue tires for $700 but i think imma pass... i like the 20s or 22s... i know it might require some work(lift or cutting) but the 22s in this pic look real nice... i have 205/70/15 right now which is 26.6" tall and if i go 22s a nice lookin tire is 265/35/22 which is 29.1 i beleave so its adding a good 2 and a half of rim...so it looks like a 1inch and 1/4 on each side of the tire would fit.. maybe lol

Attachments

·
Registered
97 deville
562 Posts
i think both those cars look a little over the top with those rims. the car doesnt have the right shape for huge rims. its a big classy box.

when i had my 1990 sdv, i was thinking of 13 or 14 inch 100 spokes. but i still love the look of the 15" wire wheel covers paired with a clean white wall tire. it fits the car PERFECT! especially on the darker colors (mine was a very dark gray with a modest flake).

id keep the wire wheel covers if youve got em. ive got 3 in my basement with red center caps and a hub lock as well if anyone is interested.

if you must get rims, i wouldnt go anything over 17. i have seen a 1990 eldorado around town with wire rims (probly 50 spokes, they look stock) and a nice spike knock-off. it looks amazing! the tires do stick out an inch or so.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i can see your point... i like alot of different styles but i love how a classic 16" wire wheel and vougues look...not 2 small not 2 big and on these cars there perfect... but 13s or 22s would be nice 2 lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chuckdobbins said:
i think both those cars look a little over the top with those rims. the car doesnt have the right shape for huge rims. its a big classy box.

when i had my 1990 sdv, i was thinking of 13 or 14 inch 100 spokes. but i still love the look of the 15" wire wheel covers paired with a clean white wall tire. it fits the car PERFECT! especially on the darker colors (mine was a very dark gray with a modest flake).

id keep the wire wheel covers if youve got em. ive got 3 in my basement with red center caps and a hub lock as well if anyone is interested.

if you must get rims, i wouldnt go anything over 17. i have seen a 1990 eldorado around town with wire rims (probly 50 spokes, they look stock) and a nice spike knock-off. it looks amazing! the tires do stick out an inch or so.

i agree fully, but i have the aluminum rims. i love the look of clean whitewalls and a spoked rim. just not sure if i want 15s or 17s. i also like the later year chrome cadillac rims not sure of the name but i know em when i see em.

·
Registered
1991 Deville / 1989 BMW 635csi
896 Posts
The best looking, best fitting daytons for these cars are 17's, they look just perfect. I have 14x6 daytons from a RWD on my 87 and they stick out almost 3", but still they look sick. I paid 400$ cad for them with everything including rubber (used). 20's or 22's will rub in the back, and they will look kind of stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts