Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Now I see what happens to them recycled Satelite dishes. :histeric:
I'm joking!! I like big rims but no rims over 18 inches for me. Them potholes I got around here would destroy the bigger rims.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Everyone: Just make sure that when you get rims, you get ones that are strong enough to handle the weight..... Especially the escalade.......

Most rims you see in like road and track are made for little econoboxes, not for bigger sedans and huge SUVs...... So one pot hole, or big bump and their gone forever!! The size is pretty much irrelevant to its load capacity......

I would say that spending 250/rim/tire would be minimum for an escalade w/22s...... Maybe more like 200 for a CTS......

·
Registered
149 Posts
Was thinking of putting some aftermarket rims on my 2003 Escalade but not sure on the size to get. I am a little worried about bending rims but not sure if 20's or 22's would be able to handle the weight and of course the potholes. Any suggestions on size?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WhiteDiamond said:
Was thinking of putting some aftermarket rims on my 2003 Escalade but not sure on the size to get. I am a little worried about bending rims but not sure if 20's or 22's would be able to handle the weight and of course the potholes. Any suggestions on size?
I'm going with 24's and a 2/3 drop to alleviate the wheel gap. Anything smaller on an Escalade is too small (just my opinion).

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah........ IMO, if you have an escalade and you dont have rims on it....... Get a tahoe........

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well depending on where you live bigger rims can get bent real easily and fast. If you ever lived in NYC then you know exactly what I am talking about. Got no time to keep visiting the rim store to replace my rim and tire after I bend them. I think 22's are what i am going to go with. Anything bigger looks real nice but who needs the headaches.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WhiteDiamond said:
Well depending on where you live bigger rims can get bent real easily and fast. If you ever lived in NYC then you know exactly what I am talking about. Got no time to keep visiting the rim store to replace my rim and tire after I bend them. I think 22's are what i am going to go with. Anything bigger looks real nice but who needs the headaches.
22's would look fine I guess... but you'd wanna do maybe a 4/5 drop on it to alleviate that huge gap that you'll experience though. Down here in Hawaii, the roads aren't the smoothest either but since my ride isn't an everyday vehicle, I'll take my chances with 24's.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
You could go 22s, and get some bigger tires......

The more sidewall, the less prone they will be to bending!!!!

And I suppose if youve got the money to have an escalade, you can afford to replace the rims every so often!!!

·
Registered
2016 CT6, 2019 XT5
140 Posts
toomanytoyz said:
Dropping a 4wd vehicle??? Makes NO sense to me.... :rolleyes:
4x4 off-roading with a $60,000 vehicle? Now that makes no sense. My EXT is 2"/3" dropped and stiffened for better handling - the AWD (not 4WD, remember) makes quite a difference when accelerating in a 3+ ton vehicle - it was never intended for 4-wheeling...

- T

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
T-Dizzy said:
4x4 off-roading with a $60,000 vehicle? Now that makes no sense. My EXT is 2"/3" dropped and stiffened for better handling - the AWD (not 4WD, remember) makes quite a difference when accelerating in a 3+ ton vehicle - it was never intended for 4-wheeling...

- T
Thank You T-Dizzy... My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
59 Posts
quick question off the subject. do you have subs in your ext b/c i just bought an 03 a few months ago and are looking to get my subs installed but i need some ideas on how to do it. i saw the ext enclosures they have on e-bay but my subs are too big for the box. i will be getting some 24's this spring, we are having a bad winter this year so i will wait. i am thinking of the foose spank 6, asanti crocodile, or some nice lexani's they have a few styles i like

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wanted the feel of the stock so I went smaller, got me some Verde 20" wheels/tires package all for only $1200, talk about a deal and brand new!! The feel is only slight, almost the same feel as the original wheels. I mean what's the use of driving a luxury 4x4 SUV when you feel all the bumps and I defintely don't want to keep on buying rims!

Here's my Lade!!

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/487038

Del

:coolgleam

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went for the 20" Centerline Edge II wheels on 285/50/20 tires. They were designed for SUV's, and they have held up great. Looks very nice without looking too, too BLING :coolgleam

1 - 20 of 23 Posts