Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I just got a '07 CTS in black raven and was looking to put some rims on it. I was thinking 18's. Anyone have any ideas or input?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
some people go for the "blacked out" look (black body, dark tint, tinted headlights, fogs, sidemarkers, tailights, black rims, black grille).... its all about personal preference.

if you're gona b using these rims all year around, u shouldnt get chrome if you are in an area which gets a lot of rain & snow (cus they'll get ruined).

also, if you want others to help, give an idea of what you're looking for--staggered, big face, etc

make sure its 5x115 or 5x114.3 with spacers. :)

i'll chime back in later ;)

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Check Tirerack.com to see what their rims look like on your car. Also, you can surely search these forums for pics of users CTS' with aftermarket rims.

If you are thinking of 18's, I suggest getting lowering springs to give your car a more aggressive look. It will also make the 18" wheels look bigger. Just make sure you have the right shocks for lowering springs. Don't bother with them if you want a really smooth ride.

·
Registered
Cadillac
38 Posts
I personally think 17's,18's are not big enough for a car like the CTS...I have 20's on mine and that is what I would recommend with a slight drop to give it the aggressive look...My wheels are also staggered which enhances the aggressive look as well on the car...Good luck shopping!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
^
*see thread name "come on?" *

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L
2,493 Posts
nice pic!! is that new ???
Thanks Brent! No I took that last winter. I am really happy with the way its coming on.

And yes those are R1's and I love them so far. They are only 9 months old but so far so good.

I really want to come out to Chicago and hang out with you all and see the rides

·
Registered
CTS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fliyin ryan tell me about the rims you have. i want 18' with a race type look. just something simple like spoked

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I think 17 are too small for our cars
19 are hard to find tires for
20 you lose some performance
18s... just right :)

Or to put it another way:

18 = lots of $$
19 = lots more of $$
20 = even more lots of $$
21+ = where is rich uncle.

14s cost about $50 for a brand name.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
Whats your budget for wheels and tires?

Brands I've always recommended include MKW, Bazo, Avenue, Enkei, DUB, MHT, Driv, Neeper, Niche, American Racing, there is more so if you are looking at specific brands let me know I've dealt with pretty much all of them.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
YIKES!!!!!
are u talking about new wheels/tires??
with lug nuts? wheel locks? mounting?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts