Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
03 Deville
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One question on my 03 deville the right rear window will not go down i replace the buttons on the rear window but nothing the rest work, when i push the window button on the driver side you can hear it trying to go down,like a beep or bump sound like its trying but nothing it does move. is there a fuse or is there a air bag i have to watch out for and is it the motor or window regulator or both??? thanks

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
does it go up at all? did u hear something break or crack when it stopped working?

·
Registered
03 Deville
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Window doesn't move at all you can hear something cluicking when you push the button on the driverside but it doesnt move at all.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,430 Posts
I think you are going to have to remove the door panel for a little exploratory surgery.

·
Registered
03 Deville
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took of the door panel and I cant see what it could be How whould I know if its the motor or the window regulator or both? When i push the button on the right rear window you can hear the clicking trying to come down or register the window to go down but nothing i just got the car so I don't know anything about it any help thanks???

·
Registered
03 Deville
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took of the door panel and I cant see what it could be How whould I know if its the motor or the window regulator or both? When i push the button on the right rear window you can hear the clicking trying to come down or register the window to go down but nothing i just got the car so I don't know anything about it any help thanks???

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,686 Posts
Remove the motor from the regulator and see if the switch will run the motor. To remove the motor you will need to pull the entire regulator assembly out of the door then remove the three T-30 torx head screws that hold the motor to the regulator. These 3 screws are on the opposite side of the motor. Not the 4 small torx screws but the three big ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts